2019 West Coast Nationals (Tucson Az)?

Would like to shoot for Nov 8th and 9th. If that doesn't work .maybe October

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
October might be GS Nats again 2019. I would like to attend in November because any sooner we would all die from heat stroke. Early November as mentioned because time off around thanksgiving for normal civilians is hard. 2 day event would be best. Is that track relaxed about no cage since it’s private rental? Asking for a friend
Yes it is. It Has to be for my sake

No roll bar is a concern for many of us. With BG, Halloween and my TB swap meet all in Oct, it might be tight to slot a big event in and get good turn out. I think the only thing we have in Nov is Thanksgiving.

No roll bar is a concern for many of us. With BG, Halloween and my TB swap meet all in Oct, it might be tight to slot a big event in and get good turn out. I think the only thing we have in Nov is Thanksgiving.
The roll bar/cage rules will be the determining factor for many. I have neither at the moment, which could change soon after running what I did in BG.

Bryan

Folks,

I've been to many track rentals at Tucson. Let me break it down for you. :giggle:

You fill out a tech card given to you by the guy that collects your money. You put the number on the card on your car. Then you go hand the completed card to the guy at the starting line. That guy gives you a driver wrist band. Then you go get in your car and go racing. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Folks,

I've been to many track rentals at Tucson. Let me break it down for you. :giggle:

You fill out a tech card given to you by the guy that collects your money. You put the number on the card on your car. Then you go hand the completed card to the guy at the starting line. That guy gives you a driver wrist band. Then you go get in your car and go racing. Simple as that.

Sounds complicated...

Bryan

So when I get this setup do you guys just want to do Test and Tune or you want to try to some class racing or index or....

Maybe some test and tune day 1 and some racing day 2?

^^^^^ Day one, T&T.

Day 2, some bracket or class racing, but definitely lots of grudge/money racing. ;)

Refine it as time goes on and the car counts get bigger, phasing the grudge racing into class racing, helping to make everybody competitive in one segment or another.

***This way we can all get a "participant" trophy and perhaps draw in some of the millennial crowd........... :eek:***

Last edited:
Sarcasm on.......

***This way we can all get a "participant" trophy and perhaps draw in some of the millennial crowd........... :eek:***

Sarcasm off.........

Even if you do index or class racing on the second day, we can do T&T in between. The guys at the starting line are there to move cars along, they don't care who is running down the track as long as they are told what's going on.

Maybe index racing. I'll be in for the 11.50 class

You could do index for quarter mile and eighth mile, may bring more people in the door. 6.0 , 6.5, 7.0 , 7.5 index for eighth mile. 9.0 , 9.5, 10.0, 10.5, 11.0 for quarter mile.
Index keeps from having rules for multiple classes and still keeps a fast car from gapping a much slower car which is no fun at all.
I have been lined up with 2 7 second cars locally at 2 different events ....
I ran 9.809 @ 137.5 and was passed by a car doing 176! Zero chance , out in the first round.

Bryan

You could do index for quarter mile and eighth mile, may bring more people in the door. 6.0 , 6.5, 7.0 , 7.5 index for eighth mile. 9.0 , 9.5, 10.0, 10.5, 11.0 for quarter mile.
Index keeps from having rules for multiple classes and still keeps a fast car from gapping a much slower car which is no fun at all.
I have been lined up with 2 7 second cars locally at 2 different events ....
I ran 9.809 @ 137.5 and was passed by a car doing 176! Zero chance , out in the first round.

Bryan

I've been outed in the first round, too...........

Oh, wait............ :oops: