You can type here any text you want

21K mint 86GN, Trade for 86-7 limited same shape

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rmc123

I have a 1986 GN that has 21,000 miles on it. No rust,original paint,never wrecked and bone stock. Runs and drives great! The guy I bought it from,(65 years old) purshased it from a dealership with 3000 miles on it in 1986. It had not been titled till he bought it. This car dosent even leak oil!!!
I will trade it for a 86 or 87 limited with low miles and in similar condition. I need the split bench seats for my back, I am disabled. This is the only reason I would consider getting rid of it. Not interested in trading for anything else. There are no dissapointments with this car.......Thanks Rick

bump
I have a 1986 GN that has 21,000 miles on it. No rust,original paint,never wrecked and bone stock. Runs and drives great! The guy I bought it from,(65 years old) purshased it from a dealership with 3000 miles on it in 1986. It had not been titled till he bought it. This car dosent even leak oil!!!
I will trade it for a 86 or 87 limited with low miles and in similar condition. I need the split bench seats for my back, I am disabled. This is the only reason I would consider getting rid of it. Not interested in trading for anything else. There are no dissapointments with this car.......Thanks Rick

What planet is this car on?

T-Tops?

Pics? (worth a thousand words)

Condition of paint and bumper fillers.

Trade for cash or not??:confused: and the price is......thanks, scott

OK, I see your in FL.

Did you fix the crop duster effect at WOT?

(This car doesn't even leak oil..... unless you floor it.....Hmmmm)

Bad turbo or ??? Crank bearings going bad now also?

I once drove 600miles for a POS in Northern OH.

I was pulling an enclosed trailer to pick it up.

NEVER doing that again!

When I bought the car it did that at wot 2 times, I had forgotten about that, It has not done it since then at wot or any other time. I have put 1200 miles on the car in the last 5 months , and I would drive it anywhere if it had the split bench seats. I replaced all the seals and I havent see it drip yet. The guy I bought it from drove it like an old lady for the last few years, and he told me that it had never had even a chip put in it! The only thing that is not original on the car as far as I can tell is the battery and the tires and one of the hood supports. The radio is not original it has one with the eq but I have the oem unit it was ordered with.
The car IS NOT for sale at this time. I would not let it go unless I had a limited, of equal quality in my possesion or was trading for it. The paint looks very good and the fillers are nice and soft.

Turbo2nr, now that you have my motor on its last legs are you going to offer me $ 1500 cash for it? Go kick some other dog............

I'm very sorry. Problems in my personal life have made me an azz recently

16yr old kid going back into detention for the third time. Employees are idiots.

I have no reason for busting your balls.

I am shopping for another Buick.

I bet your car if fine, I'd not be too worried about that.

Let this thread die and start another one.
You must understand people are going to look at all your posts, so be ready for some explaining.
When my turbos die, usually my crank bearings are next to go. They go hand in hand.

I have nothing to hide and I wouldnt if there was because thats dishonest, its fine to ask but you are ASSumining a lot with out knowing the car. So then you apologise but you still suttley cast doubt on the health of the motor. give me a break.....enough said! :confused:
I'm very sorry. Problems in my personal life have made me an azz recently

16yr old kid going back into detention for the third time. Employees are idiots.

I have no reason for busting your balls.

I am shopping for another Buick.

I bet your car if fine, I'd not be too worried about that.

Let this thread die and start another one.
You must understand people are going to look at all your posts, so be ready for some explaining.
When my turbos die, usually my crank bearings are next to go. They go hand in hand.

.....Sometimes when I get on it at highway peeds, say at 55 and then accelerate at 3/4 peddle or so, it will smoke like its blowing up......

Oh chit dude.....?? your exact words are above!

I would be mad as hell if I drove down to FL to pick up a car with bad turbo and crank bearings. As a board member, you should get this looked at before selling car. Are you saying this problem just fixed itself? B.S. Did you replace the turbo? Have oil pressure looked at? What was the cause?

Turbo cars need oil...and oil pressure. You had none flowing when you are running like a crop duster under power! Takes just seconds to wipe-out bearings! (Ask me how I know)

ENOUGH SAID!

Lets put this straight right now. I will just keep my car ( didnt offer to sell it to begin with), you can find another car to run down then low ball and I will just buy me a limited!!!!!!! Hope things go better for you in the future....
Oh chit dude.....?? your exact words are above!

I would be mad as hell if I drove down to FL to pick up a car with bad turbo and crank bearings. As a board member, you should get this looked at before selling car. Are you saying this problem just fixed itself? B.S. Did you replace the turbo? Have oil pressure looked at? What was the cause?

Turbo cars need oil...and oil pressure. You had none flowing when you are running like a crop duster under power! Takes just seconds to wipe-out bearings! (Ask me how I know)

ENOUGH SAID!

Bye!:biggrin:

(no oil leaks, your funny!)

You forgot about the smoke that "looked like your engine was blowing up"???!!! ONLY A FEW MONTHS AGO? Anything else you happened to forget while we're at it?

Bye!:biggrin:

(no oil leaks, your funny!)

You forgot about the smoke that "looked like your engine was blowing up"???!!! ONLY A FEW MONTHS AGO? Anything else you happened to forget while we're at it?

Dude, quite being a DICK. We have all had problems with our cars. I have had many low mileage cars and every one of them had issues that needed to be panned out.

86 Gn

I know this car, and can personally vouch for the fact that the car is in fantastic shape. It is low miles and all original. The car needs nothing. What would make someone attack another board member for no reason, when they don't even know the car? This car is his baby, and if it needed anything, it would be done. Cut the bull$hit.

Dude, quite being a DICK. We have all had problems with our cars. I have had many low mileage cars and every one of them had issues that needed to be panned out.

I have no problem with that.....as long as you didn't try to sell/trade it and claimed no problems when actually there could be a very serious issue(s). Am I the only one who sees something wrong here?? Have you ever wasted a turbo? Most of the time there is engine damage also. No oil pressure....crap in the oil. Etc etc....
This guy sounds like he may not know what damage is done, or what the problem ever was. He failed to mention this small detail in the ad. I say BS. Why say no oil leaks? Only the worst type there is.....dude may have kept driving for who knows how long like that. How did it get fixed? He never posted the problem or the fix in his thread!! Is it fixed? How?

OK, fine the car is perferct. What do I know?

Garrett, you are saying the turbo is fine and the engine bearings are fine?? OK. I believe you.

86 Gn

He has been driving the car to shows and cruise-in all year. The car runs fine. I have ridden in the car personally. I have not disassembled the engine, but come on, lay off.

Back