You can type here any text you want

275/50/15 et's rubbing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8TurboT7

Team Legion
I got a set 275/50/15 mt's dr on my T. When I turn or hit a bump they rub, can any one help me fix this problem. Thanks

I am assuming you are running these on stock T wheels?

Other than switch to the slighly narrower 275/60's your only option is to run longer wheel studs and a small spacer like a 5/16".

This should be enough to keep them off the frame. No amount of jacking up or lowering down with move the tires away from the frame, so springs, shocks and dual airbags will not help.

If it was 1997 I would tell you to put some Aluminum brake drums on it (about 3/16" wider than cast iron) but new ones haven't been made for years and any used ones you find will likely be sketchy, so a spacer is the answer.

when you post about tires hitting it would be nice if you state what tire your using , i mean christ theres only about a billion rims out on the market , guess we're supposed to be psychic and your link to pic of your car shows it with GTA's , so what rim are we talking about and what are its specs ????

and why 275 /60s those are taller 28" , im guessing he went 50series for the lower height 26" tire,

heres the available tire specs
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

you didnt state where its rubbing so here we go again geussing . where is it rubbing ????

if its fine when straight and hits when turning then you need to repair the slop in your control arms , replace the bushings or run them on rims that have correct backspacing or if hitting lips get airbags or replace springs or get the juk out of the trunk or leave the posse at home
if its rubbing the frame and bushings dont fix it try a spacer but keep it thin and make sure it hubcentric (like the GM spacer) and that you properly torque the lug nuts

or try the 235/60 et street radial , they look just fine on the T rim (thats if thats what you're running ) and fit no problems , hook is surprisingly good too

I am guessing that they are rubbing the frame. Is it on one side or both. G body cars have a tendency to sit to one side a little further than the other. Typically you can get some aluminum wheel spacers and cure the problem pretty quick. As stated above I am not sure if you bought these new or someone gave them to you but the 275/60 seems to fit better for future reference.

Seems like you have come a long way in a short amount of time. How is the ALKY working out for you? Are you still running the GNX turbo?

What is the width of the tire while it is mounted on the rim? What is your backspace?

You still haven't told us whether they're rubbing the frame or the body, but if hitting the body is the problem, just install AirLift airbags and keep them inflated and that'll prevent the body from ever coming down low enough to rub on the tires.

My 275/50/15 DR's rubed the frame rails on stock GN wheels too. Mine only rubed when turning sharp so i delt with it. You could go with 275/60's wich are slightly narrower.

Its looks like it rubbing on the frame driver side and also when I turn too fast

Mine were rubbing slightly on the DS as well. My solution I did was to put 1 washer on each wheel stud, gave me just enough to not rub. Didnt need any on the PS.

Back