3-2 control valve mod

1/4 cup plug
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456861018.973833.jpg

No reason to remove valve, just put something in there to keep valve open. If you need to remove it for some reason it is simple and all the parts are there.

thought the separator plate had a difference for it too?

maybe not anymore

Without plate mods a flare on 2-3 will usuallydevelop depending on the hole size or sizes. Unmooded plates with 2 holes at 2 locations is asking for trouble, not me trying to sell you a separator plate. But probably better to listen to Dave .He is the real 2004r guru on the site now.

thought the separator plate had a difference for it too?

maybe not anymore
I answered how to do the mod in the valve body. Maybe I overlooked what was really being asked. Yes, if you use this 3-2 control mod, you should be dual feeding the direct clutch. There are mods that need to be done to the separator plate for proper shift timing depending on the servo being used. Sometimes the 3-2 control mod needs to be removed for proper shift timing. There is a lot more to it then a modified plate and a valve being locked open for this to function correctly.

I run one with the 3-2 control valve mod without dual fed directs. That one is just a mid 11 car with very little done to the trans. Works well at least at that level.

What are you trying to accomplish by doing the mod? Is there a problem you are experiencing?

So when you say erratic,do you mean it is slipping?
Have you put a gauge on it?
Do you have it overfilled by a quart of fluid or so?

I have the extra deep PTS pan with the rear bottom feed filter. It doesn't slip but shifts slower sometimes. I can pull out and get on it and wot 2/3 shift is really quick, turn around and it will shift slower. Pressures are around 280-290.

How old is the trans. Stuff doesn't last forever. The band might be getting worn out.

It's all PTS stuff, servo isn't purple. Only 6-7k miles on it.
Reason I ask....PTS early design servo(they where all made by Richard Clark) had an issue. I have one and when I told RC he said bring it to him and he trimed the piston a bit, maybe worth looking into mine was doing wierd stuff. Its still on my bench so I cant comment on how it works now.