You can type here any text you want

3 bar Map sensors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

Whose got the best deal on 3 bar map sensors-i may need a couple of them.

I got mine from my local AC Delco warehouse. Around $84 if I remember correctly.

Supposedly the BorgWarner ones are good. I have not checked out any so I can't be sure. I am just going off what I have heard. :)

GM part #12223861

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/result...ber=12223861&singlepart=1&partnumber=12223861 has them for $77.68

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - GM 3 BAR MAP SENSOR $74.99

Remember these new GM sensors are wired different than the original TTA map. I believe the power and ground termanals just need to be swapped because they are backwards.... Or you can buy the plug n play connector GM#1530589 for $25.... THIS ONLY NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH THE TTA.

The GN wiring is correct from the factory for the new sensors and plugs right in!

(NOTE) Gm Parts Direct says..... "If you are installing this on a vehicle other than a 1989 turbo T/A there will not be a warranty on this part."

;):D

I see that... I also see they have no stickers or part#'s of any kind visible on the sensor... They are CLEARLY not a new GM Map and are listed as so with titles like..

GM 3 bar Map Sensor Kit Turbo FAST ACCEL DFI AEM 3bar
EMS MSD OEM 12223861 12223749 With Plug 16040749 :confused:?????

Shoot I'm sure they work just fine and might last forever...
I just personally stay away from vendors that obviously miss represent the products they sell... I just like to stay with GM / AC for sensors... And maybe give one of our vendors some business at the same time. Just my opinion... ;)

Yup.. must have the decals on them.

You can also tell the China ones becuase the have a dark orange insert where the weather pack plugs in.

I sell the correct sensors for 70 each. They have the 12223861 on them.

If your using it for datalogging where its not critical.. who cares if it fails. Buy a cheapo chinese one. If your using it for alcohol injection or engine management.. it is not the place to skimp on quality.

Being honest.. the problem with the china stuff is there is poor quality chines stuff and some higher quality chinese parts. Ebay is a prime example od cheap repro's.. The Delco stuff is typically better on the electronics as it has a more stringent testing.

Today its hard to tell where parts are made unless they say China or USA on them. The inferior parts you can tell as they are close copies.. but leave out details like the lettering on the sensors, the embossing, etc.

The 2bar MAP's I buy from delco now say "made in China" on the box, but not on the sensor. So much for pride.

I dont know if any MFG in the US is really making these "here" anymore. Just like semiconductors, switches, etc..

Welcome to 2010 :redface:

Lastly.. whats the big deal.. the case on the MAP sensor is glued together. Apply enough boost and you blow out the case and now have a vacuum leak. If the materials/adhesives used are of lesser quality, the case can break on the sensor.. and whalla.. problems.

Look at the back of any 2/3bar MAP sensor and you'll see the seam.

49-blues if it has the GM/Delco decal with the 12223861 on it.. its a good piece.

Yup.. must have the decals on them.

You can also tell the China ones becuase the have a dark orange insert where the weather pack plugs in.

I sell the correct sensors for 70 each. They have the 12223861 on them.

If your using it for datalogging where its not critical.. who cares if it fails. Buy a cheapo chinese one. If your using it for alcohol injection or engine management.. it is not the place to skimp on quality.

Good to know about the orange inserts because someday (If they already haven't) the people trying to pass off the China sensors for real GM's will just simply reproduce the stickers!:mad:

How can this type of sensor be tested to see if it's good or not? Usually I know one end is negative and the other end is positive going into the sensor and the center one usually puts out up to 5 volts I guess to whatever it's input would be in this case boost or positive air pressure from the manifold. Would this be a accurate assumption How much positive air flow input would equal maximum electrical output I guess 5 volts? 30-45 psi boost?

Looks like a perfect example of the China sensor with a RACETRONIX sticker... Which is fine with me because you are not trying to pass it off as the GM sensor. At least we can buy them from a vendor on this site instead of import vendors on Ebay.

No this is from SMP. Last time we checked they were made in Mexico.

How can this type of sensor be tested to see if it's good or not? Usually I know one end is negative and the other end is positive going into the sensor and the center one usually puts out up to 5 volts I guess to whatever it's input would be in this case boost or positive air pressure from the manifold. Would this be a accurate assumption How much positive air flow input would equal maximum electrical output I guess 5 volts? 30-45 psi boost?

Our web store has data on the Vout vs. KPa etc.

I don't know how to test one but it seems like this guy does.... Found this on youtube... Hope it helps...

YouTube - Map Sensor Testing

Back