You can type here any text you want

3" single shot or 2.5" dual exhaust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamn4GN

whelp time has come to start looking. Even though I've planned this out years before I even had a car. Pretty sure I'm sold on the single shot. Or was looking at the pypes system. Question is, any advantage with one over the other? Buddy has pypes on his GN and I think I want a little louder exhaust and the single shot seems like it will give me that. Any performance gains over the single shot over the dual exhaust? Just looking for some opinions. Thanks

Can you say "Loud and drone like a sum bitch!". I've been building exhaust systems on turbo Buicks since 1988 and a three inch single shot is LOUD! A good dual 2.5" is more than you need to run DEEP in the 9's. One of my guys just ran 9.92@136+ on pump and alky with his super quiet three muffler 2.5" exhaust. One of the worst things with the turbo Buick is the sound they make. I've always thought they sounded like a John Deere tractor. Quiet is best, but then again........I'm OLD! LOL.

belive me or not open down pipe sounds best an has less drone than the pit bull dual atr's

They will most likely flow more than you can give them. The 3" single will be a significant weight loss.

No matter which kit you get, spring for some SS band clamps. Getting the 3" over the axle and located correctly takes some precision to get it perfect.

Yeah , I mean I personally Havnt heard or driven in a car with a single shot. Just from YouTube videos. So I cant say I get what the drone is all about. But the only thing I don't like about the car is that its so damn quite. Haha. I do plan on getting the SS hardware. Car is far from a daily and will never see rain. Car will also never be taken pass the 11 second mark..... I think. So it's mainly being purchased for sound and any weight reductions for my big ass will be a plus. I may regret the single shot , but I think that's what I'm still sold on unless I find a deal I can't pass for the 2.5" dual.

I've had a single shot since '98. Before my car was stolen in '06 is was my 600+ mile/week daily.

Instead of the pitbull that came with it, I put in a dynomax race magnum. It didn't make it any quieter, only got rid of some whistle. If I ever come across a piece of 3" SS pipe, I'm goign to pull the race mag and replace it with the pipe to shee if the whistle comes back at cruie.

Back