You can type here any text you want

$318 each for Carrillo rods!!??

• Thread starter Thread starter blown4now
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

blown4now

They emailed me back and said it was $318 per rod!!! Is that outrageous or normal pricing?? What other companies make strong reliable rods for our vehicles?

Jake

are you looking to go aftermarket rods in a production motor??

if using a production block i'd save the money i dont know of anyone that broke a stock rod yet unless the crank left the block first which will take out any rod.

thats my 02 on the matter :)

The stock rods are good for 700hp, The block is good for 600 so you make the call :)

well, that would be stretching them both then!! I'm looking for around 800+ with a block girdle and PT72 4-bolt turbo. Still use stock rods??

Jake
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds like a tick..tick..tick..timebomb :)

Your in Stage motor land...

i'll let you know what blows first once i get it back together..:D

all stock rotating assembly with girdle being put on this round and it will be set on kill after its back together so i'll be able to let ya know whick piece i drive over first.

you planning on steel crank or factory cast unit??

Haven't decided yet, was going to use one out of a 4.1L, but it all depends. I was originally thinking stage motor...but they are outrageous!!!!! This guy I know supposedly knows another guy who is supposedly going to start popping them out like a 4th street hooker and dropping the price way down, but as yet, he hasn't:rolleyes: So I'm still waiting on that...if I can get a stage II 4.1L short block for around $4K, I will buy it and get some champion 14 bolt heads for it. But when I can get a 109 block for $150 or less....I can build multiple motors!! :D Any ideas??

Jake

Dunno bout you guys..but Roy's car was running 10.30's all weekend long stock crank and rods...at Bristol..actually got a couple 10.2's..

Cant beat the stock stuff...

;)

Thats the new TMS class..3400 lbs,109 block,250 cube max displacement.

GN, full weight pretty much.. almost forgot..stock headers,fuel rails,timing cover,oil system,GM ECM,..its rather barbaric :) ..thats what makes it so nice :D ..

Consistent as hell...My hats off to Laz and Roy..they are the men to beat.

If ya dont detonate them..its amazing what can be accomplished on the stock stuff

i think i met laz this year at bowling green-

what his turbo, injector, intercooler ect ect ect combo? thats what i was after--

tsm 10.20's not bad, not bad- thats killer for a full weight gn if he was driving :)

Well some of that stuff I was prevy too..I cant comment on..cuase if I tell ya..I gotta kill ya :D

I'll let Laz open his mouth on this one :) ..he probably sleeping still tho from yesterday.

Originally posted by Razor
Thats the new TMS class..3400 lbs,109 block,250 cube max displacement.

GN, full weight pretty much.. almost forgot..stock headers,fuel rails,timing cover,oil system,GM ECM,..its rather barbaric :) ..thats what makes it so nice :D ..

Oh No Man! It Can't be!!!!

hahahahah ;)

Back