You can type here any text you want

325's are in, minitub done...now need some opinions on front.. drop springs or??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The 5660's that you have in the front of that car now is what is causing it to look skyjacked in the front. The 5658's will sit you just about perfect. I would do the front springs and leave the rears where they are now. Leave the stock height tire in the front. The car will handle more comfortably than it does now too.

Looks great.

I'm getting the same wheels tomorrow. I assume 15x10 in the rear? I also have the same frame mods. What backspacing did you go with? I wanted 5, do I went with 5.5 and will run a 1/2 spacer.

4.5 backspacing would put the tire out too much, IMO.

Did you ever get the matching fronts put on? If so, do you have any new pictures? I'm thinking about putting the same wheels on my wh1 and I would love to see them on similar looking car.

Here are the final pics...i swapped out the front springs to bring it down..

Attachments

• P1020594.jpg
    P1020594.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 396
  • P1020595.jpg
    P1020595.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 388
the first pic, makes it look like the back end sticks up higher than it actually does....one more pic...

Attachments

• P1020596.jpg
    P1020596.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 388
Looks great thank you. I have been looking all over for pictures of a wh1 with black bumpers and any TR with Billet specialties wheels. Seeing yours with both is great.

the first pic, makes it look like the back end sticks up higher than it actually does....one more pic...

I am assuming you notched the frame if you did a mini-tub? Will 15x10 Billet Specialties with 4.5" backspacing fit without notching the frame?

Thanks for the compliments folks....Yeah the front tires are 215/65's and I changed the front springs to 5658's....

Yes the frame is notched to fit the 15x10 with a 5.5" backspace as Claude stated.

Nate

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 286
Just cut the fronts down....free!!! Half a coil will give you a 1 inch drop

I think the front looks fine with the height of the rear...

Great looking car...Love the 325's...

do they rub

No, not at all. I have air in the two rear airbags and haven't taken any out for it to really settle. I'll try it and let you know. Also, I need to center my axle. It's off just a bit. Thanks

Back