You can type here any text you want

36 lb blue tops with stock inj type chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TylerDurden

Jack's Smirking Revenge
The last time I went to the track I was only able to get 12.17@112 with a TE44/FM/Blue tops with C-16 and a race chip programmed for stock inj.
I have since put in a walbro 340 and acquired a race chip designed for the 36lb inj. My question is should I see better times because of the mismatched chip? and why? will a stock chip not provide enough fuel for 36 lbers, or is the opposite true? ei would a 36 lb chip not provide correct fueling for stock inj?

Thanx
Dan

A stock chip running 36# injectors will cause the car to run overly rich. The bigger the injector the worse the condition.

On the flip side, a 36# chip running stock injectors will cause an overly lean condition.

Neither of which will do the car any good.

ok so that answers the initial question, but now leaves me wondering why i was running out of fuel at 21 psi. o'2s were dipping into the low 700s with knock right at the finish line. now i can only hope it was the smaller walbro (255?) causing it.

Thanks
Dan

Back