3D Printing and my Grand National

How does one get the design software? Looks like it's called "CloudDDM App" but not to be found on site...

When loading part to CloudDDM, you simply send a .STL file that is provided by your CAD software and it quotes it. I shared my .STL file from the horn button a few post ago. I think they are running a promotion right now. I think you can get a free part made and shipped to your door.

Something for the XFI guys. How about a kick panel that has a recess molded in for the XFI with ventilation holes and slot for the wires. To go with it a snap on ventilated cover.

That's clever, I don't have a XFI box here to model or I could help with that. I love all the ideas that have come from this thread. Let's start making some of them a reality.

Sorry, yes, I have been working on a bunch of files as my GN is with the auto body guy, getting ready for paint. Here is a neat one I did, its the hood emblem. Some may ask why I would build that one. Well, I was looking for a custom set for my car that reads "5.3 SFI TURBO" and couldn't find anyone who makes that in the Buick font. So I created it myself. Here is a pic of the 3.8 version I just finished.

I have already printed these and I am working on the clean up and then I will send these off to get plated. I'll add more pics in the next few days.

3.8 Render.JPG

Sorry, yes, I have been working on a bunch of files as my GN is with the auto body guy, getting ready for paint. Here is a neat one I did, its the hood emblem. Some may ask why I would build that one. Well, I was looking for a custom set for my car that reads "5.3 SFI TURBO" and couldn't find anyone who makes that in the Buick font. So I created it myself. Here is a pic of the 3.8 version I just finished.

I have already printed these and I am working on the clean up and then I will send these off to get plated. I'll add more pics in the next few days.

View attachment 272519
Perfect. Now the question I asked in the "New Products Request" section a few months ago can now be answered by you.

If you can, I would like if someone, maybe you, can make each of the letters of the alphabet individually exactly like the stock emblems. This way we can write what we want!

I, for example, would write "4.1 XFI TWIN TURBO". But you wouldn't be able to keep up with the different requests. Everyone has something different.

They sell those stupid chrome block letters at Autozone. But those won't do. We need them in the Buick size and font.

While yes, I can make the entire alphabet, that is very labor intensive. I would rather keep this as a very custom and one off project. Right now I do not have a cost determined as I am still working on the entire process through to final part. When dealing with 3D modeled geometry, you can not simply type what you want. These are all created from the ground up. Here is my 5.3 that is next to print and my 3.8 completed full size print.

IMG_8297.JPG
IMG_8299.JPG

While yes, I can make the entire alphabet, that is very labor intensive. I would rather keep this as a very custom and one off project. Right now I do not have a cost determined as I am still working on the entire process through to final part. When dealing with 3D modeled geometry, you can not simply type what you want. These are all created from the ground up. Here is my 5.3 that is next to print and my 3.8 completed full size print.

View attachment 272523 View attachment 272524
Oh well. Too bad for everyone who wanted individual letters of the alphabet.

Now let's talk about the 3 emblems I need............."4.1 XFI TWIN TURBO";)

Here is another one I got done, I'll excited about the outcome of this one! Hopefully it will result in a high quality fender badge set!

IMG_8305.JPG

I to was wondering if you are actually aloud to make some of these parts, im sure i could use some of them but not at the cost of you getting in trouble, i would check it out if i were you. I read somewhere the penalties for some infringements can be severe. Just something to think about.

I to was wondering if you are actually aloud to make some of these parts, im sure i could use some of them but not at the cost of you getting in trouble, i would check it out if i were you. I read somewhere the penalties for some infringements can be severe. Just something to think about.
Nope.
Not if you make things as requested for special order. Ask Mark Hoffman. I believe he just went through this legal affair a few years ago.