3D Printing and my Grand National

ProLaser

Hi guys. I wanted to share my experiences of 3D printing parts for my Grand National. I decided to start with one of the most problematic GN parts we all know and can relate to. The horn bezel. Here are some pics to get this thread started! I am all ears for other parts that you would like to see recreated! Ready, go!

Horn Bezel.JPG
DSC_0061a.jpg
DSC_0060a.jpg
DSC_0059a.jpg
DSC_0056a.jpg

The list will be long I am sure. How big of a piece can you print?

Bryan

I am sure it will be and I will do as much as I can. The max build envelope is 3ft cubed!

Nice work I need 2 of them please?

714 457-6839 Rafael

The nice thing about being able to model these in 3D and print them is the fact that I get to fix the flaws that the design had. As you see it in the picture, it is fresh out of the machine and has zero post clean up. I am excited to see how it will look after clean up.

Any interior part you can do in black has my interest. I'm planning to do a black interior in my GN.

Any interior part you can do in black has my interest. I'm planning to do a black interior in my GN.
Same here! I am doing my interior in black! I will add a picture of this horn bezel installed on the steering wheel.

Jeez! How awesome! Technology has come such a long, long way....I'm truly amazed and very impressed!

Wonder if a 3D can be made of Nicole Kidman, full size?:smuggrin: Don't worry, I won't tell my wife!

Bruce '87 Grand National

I would like to see Carbon Fiber dash and radio bezels. Maybe dash plaque over the glove box.
Replacement knobs for the power seat controller they always break the one in the center.

MAKE THIS

A drivers side a-pillar with two 2 1/16" gauges up top and a fitted pod for a Scanmaster on the bottom. Almost like the triple gauge pods but the pod closest to the dash is made for a Scanmaster.

Then sell them for $150 each and make enough to pay for the printer and more.

The one part we could all use, but I guess it's too long. The upper dash bezel.
actually this one is on my list. I have mine out and I am working on the model. I will print it as two parts and merge them. It will look like and act like a single part! Stay tuned!

How about a instrument cluster insert for the FAST logger dash, Holley or Racepack Dash. I can make you a solid model if needed.

I like this one! I am moving away from the stock cluster and to the AiM dash. I have it here, so that one is easy. As for the others. I would need dimensions or a unit. There might even be a drawing out there with dimensions already. I can build a blank cluster and have different configurations for each.

Jeez! How awesome! Technology has come such a long, long way....I'm truly amazed and very impressed!

Wonder if a 3D can be made of Nicole Kidman, full size?:smuggrin: Don't worry, I won't tell my wife!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hmm, i dont think the model will be as fun as the real thing, haha