3D Printing and my Grand National

I like this one! I am moving away from the stock cluster and to the AiM dash. I have it here, so that one is easy. As for the others. I would need dimensions or a unit. There might even be a drawing out there with dimensions already. I can build a blank cluster and have different configurations for each.
Here is the FAST/ PCS dash. Click on the Product Models tab. https://www.powertraincontrolsoluti...t/Products/Displays/D200_Dashlogger/DIS-5100/
Here is the one I made in aluminum for my car, but a swoopy plastic one with a better setup for turnsignal and high beam indicator would be nice.
CIMG1369_zps6ab6f21e.jpg

Very cool.
What are the material proprerties and can you make luminescent parts?

There was a feeding frenzy over in the Parts For Sale section over a billet shifter handle with a logo engraved. Seems you could come up with a really cool one with engraved logo and keep it affordable. (Oops, I mean a custom logo for the GM licensing lawyers)

Interesting.

What's the turn around per specific part for the printer to make them?

D

H

Yup! These are on my list two. I bought a set from a vendor and they are surprisingly flimsy! How are the original GNX vents? Mine will snugly snap in, stay in place and be thick!
that's what we were looking for. I purchased the flimsy set and one of them broke before I was able to get it installed.

There was a feeding frenzy over in the Parts For Sale section over a billet shifter handle with a logo engraved. Seems you could come up with a really cool one with engraved logo and keep it affordable. (Oops, I mean a custom logo for the GM licensing lawyers)

Post a link to that part, I want to check it out. As for creating one with a logo, easy... I'm already thinking of a few options that would be slick.

Interesting.

What's the turn around per specific part for the printer to make them?

D
This depends on size of the part, quality of the print and complexity. Can be minutes, can be days. Example would be the horn bezel. It took 4 hrs.

How durable are the materials used strength wise?

D

As for strength and materials. The bezel above is made from black ABS. There is a wide range of materials from simple to complex. As for strength, these parts can be very strong by design and simply by the material choice. High temp, high strength materials can be used as well and I'm pretty sure they have been in the airplanes most of you fly on as end use parts!

This depends on size of the part, quality of the print and complexity. Can be minutes, can be days. Example would be the horn bezel. It took 4 hrs.

4 hours for a horn bezel? Wow!
3rd printers seem to be lacking in speed.

Nice product though.

D

10-15 years and we will all have one in our homes. Want a new cover for your phone: download the digital file for .99 and print one. But my daughter calls me a "late adopter" so more like 20 years before I get one.:)