You can type here any text you want

4.1 Engine Rebuild (Need Help) =]

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikejustowns

Looking to find a water neck to fit my Weiand intake manifold on my 84 Regal Limited. I am also wondering if it will be better to run a Holly or an Edlebrock carb over the stock Q-Jet. Any Ideas? -Mike

Quite sure no-one makes or sells a stock water outlet for the 3.8 style manifold. The Weiand intake uses that style.
However I did find that MR gasket sells a HP version maybe chrome too for Cheap that will fit your Weiand intake manifold and a stock 3.8 2bbl too.
WATER OUTLET HP by Mr. Gasket - Part 2662 - Advance Auto Parts

As for the carb. Q-JET!!
if not your choice then the Holley for sure.

If I remember right you have the intake that uses a water neck like a Chevy. I'd take a look at one for a 68 V8 powered truck and see if it'll fit.

Hey guys! Long time no talk? Haha well this project has been pn hold for the winter months. I dont have a heated garage sadly. Well Charlie I did order the cam you requested on my other post and I am working on taking off the timing cover to finally do the swap.

I like the price of the WaterNeck WarWagon posted so I'll give that a try. I think I am sticking with the Q-Jet I just need to find someone to tune it after I am finished with the swap. My mechanic is a huge GM nut so he may have some knowledge. Haha.

Before you buy that water neck take a look at where yours goes. If I remember right you have one large hole and two bolt holes, no small hole for the bypass. If that's the case it's just like a small block chevy and not a Buick.

the wieand requires a waterneck just like a buick.

use any of the early 79-81 necks and you will be fine.

TA performance has an aluminum neck of this style if you cannot find one.

A.j.

the wieand requires a waterneck just like a buick.

use any of the early 79-81 necks and you will be fine.

TA performance has an aluminum neck of this style if you cannot find one.

A.j.

Yes.
Two different styles of wateroutlet/tstat housings, verticle mounted and horizontal mounted style. The Weiand does use the Horizontal style.

The early Weiand Smokey Y manifold I use, has the weird one off chevy-ish tstat housing and it's made by Weiand.

He's got the air gap one if I remember right guys. Not the standard outlet intake.

Hey guys. I am ready to pull the Cam and lifters. I just bought the 1 1/8 socket for the large bolt in the front. How do I go about pulling the lifters and moving the rods off of them?

Once the intake manifold is off, if you don't already have the valve covers off remove them now. Then there are three bolts holding the rocker arm shaft down on each head. remove those and I always just flip the valve cover upside down and put the bolts, rocker arm/shaft assembly and the push rods in them so they stay clean and all together. Yeah the push rods just pull straight out and then you can pull each lifter out. Usually you can pull them out with your fingers if your engine is clean, but some times they kinda get stuck. so in that case if your NOT reusing them I'd just grab some channel locks or vise grips and clamp on the top of them and pull them out. If you have to save them, there is a tool that just locks down on clip groove on the inside of the lifter then you can pull them out. If you have the front cover off and the timing set removed then you can easily spin the camshaft to get any lifters to full lift to get them out easier.

Thanks WarWagon. I am going to take that plan off attack and use it on Monday when I do the job. Tomorrow I am ordering a Timing Set, Lifters, Cam Lube, Water Neck and Intake Gasket to hopefully get to putting parts in her again! Thanks, Mike

Go to Kirbans and get the Z Paste for the cam. It's the best thing out there to break a flat tappet in. It will help to keep it from going flat.

Go to Kirbans and get the Z Paste for the cam. It's the best thing out there to break a flat tappet in. It will help to keep it from going flat.

i used that stuff when i put my cam in. good stuff. If you get a edeljunk cam dont bother using it you will be pulling the cam out latter.:mad:

i used that stuff when i put my cam in. good stuff. If you get a edeljunk cam dont bother using it you will be pulling the cam out latter.:mad:

How is that possible Matt? It's only been out for about 6 months now?:confused: Maybe you mean the ZDDP oil additive?

How is that possible Matt? It's only been out for about 6 months now? Maybe you mean the ZDDP oil additive?
Its not been that long sence i put the cam in which im going to take out again. i hear there has been a recall on the cam i just put in.:mad:

Also I do have the By Pass on my Manifold. I bought the Mr. Gasket waterneck that WarWagon recommended and the bolt broke off. I got the other end out of the manifold. It seems that the holes were off an eigth of an inch. I think I will have to file out the hole a little bit to fit it.

Back