4.1 stock block build

Block prep was done and we washed it good, Crank is installed and we used a 5 pound dead blow to set the thrust, it scares people to see this happen but it must be done I have found. Pistons are on the rods and the rings are getting file fit now. If it was not 100+ in the shop it would be together
Mike

Be glad you're not in GA. I've been porting timing covers for the last two days! Can't wait for it to get hotter! lol

Back when I was porting cylinder heads the owner put
a 5,000 btu a/c in the window. My room was only about
the size of a 1 car garage....had to wear a long sleeve shirt
to keep from freezing to death!

Who needs A/C? They didn't have it as a rule 100 years ago and lived just fine.;)
\

Ya screw that! I got a nice little swamp pumping along to help keep the dirt out of the air and cool the day off. makes building really pleasurable. no need to be He-Man just to bolt a few parts together in the heat.... turn on the A/C and concentrate on what your doing... not dripping sweat all over new gaskets. :p

im sure its dry enough for you to use a swamp Charlie...

around 6000 or so, we will see what the XR5 cam does in this motor. I have a bigger solid roller on deck if I need it, I will likely put that in down the road

around 6000 or so, we will see what the XR5 cam does in this motor. I have a bigger solid roller on deck if I need it, I will likely put that in down the road

is it solely the cam (and valvetrain of course) that determines where these motors can rev to effectively?

the pistons are installed, the cam is in and degreed, the heads are on. I resisted the urge to install a big cam which is what I usually run on my personal stuff, to use our new XR5 214/214 cam. It has very agressive lobes and will be .565 lift with the 1.60 rockers I am using along with the Champion iron heads. The .200 duration of this cam is as big as some of the .224 cams.

What is the duration of the XR5 214/214 cam at .200 lift? What was the piston to valve clearance with .565 lift and 1.60 rockers, and what compression ratio did you end up with?

compression is 9 to 1 almost on the nose. the pistons have lots of valve relief PTV is fine, the .200 number is in the 140's

Here are some attached pictures of the build and the progress thus far. Ready for paint tonight, intake manifold, and some more assembly tomorrow!

Production 4.1 Block
GN1 Steel Crank
Billet Mains
King Bearings
Molnar Technologies Connecting Rods
Diamonds Pistons / Total Seal Rings
Champion Ported Iron Heads
ARP Studs and Bolts
Comp Cams Custom CamShaft
Trend Perfromance Pushrods
Morel Roller Lifters
Comp Cams HD Springs, Locks, and Retainers