You can type here any text you want

4.1 stroker

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Interesting thread.

I'm wondering though... by the time a stock block is beefed up enough to do the job (buying a good core, square decking, line bore, girdle, caps, fasteners, washing, etc) the cost has to be over $2k dumped into a production block which is still stuck with 8 head bolts. Does it make more sense to just go with an off center 4" bore TA block?

Three out of the 4 TA alum blocks we are now doing are from owners that trashed their "expensive" built stock blocks.:D

Made sense to them!

The 4th one is mine being freshened after 2 years of hard runs.:cool:

Three out of the 4 TA alum blocks we are now doing are from owners that trashed their "expensive" built stock blocks.:D

Made sense to them!

The 4th one is mine being freshened after 2 years of hard runs.:cool:

Tell me about it... as you know I'm sleeving my cracked 109 right now. After that incident I'm not too keen on building another stocker.

Lots of stock blocks can haul the mail.... but as more and more are running hard out there, the cracks and fractures are piling up!

Hey Otto, keep me informed with the results on that. The combo sounds exactly like mine, minus the 76turbo. I run the 70 GTQ. I would be very interested to find out how much power you can make with it. Good luck.

Well,i know its been 2 years since, we finished and had the car running last year with stock headers and a 3" downpipe and 3" single shot.it made right 600 on a mustang dyno at 24#s of boost.

JW Racing-Fab is finishing up converting a set of ATR headers to 4 bolt,we bought a 4 bolt housing for the T netics 76 He had (76GTS) and he is making a 3.5" downpipe and I will be installing a RJC 4" exhaust to finish it off.
Should be running and ready to dyno Fri or Sat.

How much can a stroked stock block 4.1 take???:confused:

Seems like it will take all you can give it 'till it goes BOOM.
I'm watching the thread!

I guess we will find out soon what it will take. I certainly hope it doesn't go BOOM. I will be upset and the car will sit for another 2 years, maybe longer. LoL. -Mat-

interesting thread. I've always thought it would be cool to have a 4.1 stroker but can the block take it? We'll find out won't we:cool:

Well so far it took 698 RWHP at 25#s of boost with a Turbonetics 76.
It kept wanting more but 25 was the most i could get with the boost controller setup.
The engine with the 224 Hydraulic cam easily made power to 6200 and hte power band kept rising with more boost.
With the current wastegate/boost controller setup 25 was all it would give us on the dyno and at 9:30 and 700 RWHP and the fact we are supposed to go to the track tomorrow so we decided not to go any further.

The current convertor is a 10" lock up unit and was not doing real well in the slip area of 16%.
It was only hitting 130 MPH at 6200.

Well I was able to make 2 "clean" passes yesterday. I use the term clean because they were the only 2 passes I made with my foot on the floor the whole trip down the track. My boost gauge wasn't working so I wasn't able to really launch consistently. I was going on sound more than anything. LoL.
I also need to add that we turned down the boost for the track. I have to double check with Otto but I think we were right around 22lbs.

The first full pass was: 1.68 60' 10.35@135.25
The second full pass was: 1.58 60' 10.21@135.78

The MPH is there for 9's but that isn't going to happen with 1.60 short times. The car was also shifting WAY too early.
We called it a day a little early due to some issues(not motor related).

I will try and do some tweaking and straighten out a few things and hopefully get back on the track shortly.

Keep in mind also that this is a FULL weight car with no fiberglass and the spare tire is even still in the trunk. I am not the lightest guy around either.

so whats the up date ? how is that big 4.1 stroker doing ? im in the process of building one

Back