4" MAF pipe

G

GTEATER

Saw a couple of others interested in these longer for Speedpro/DFI cars. Keith Mease said he needed 25 to get the order. Who's in?

i will be interested when i get my LT70 turbo, but my car has a 14" air filter.... soooooo will it get shoved into the fender?
id like to see a pic please.
thank you

Originally posted by GTEATER
Saw a couple of others interested in these longer for Speedpro/DFI cars. Keith Mease said he needed 25 to get the order. Who's in?

If you go with a Translator and relocate the MAF there is some advantage to running one. With a stock MAF, I just don't see the point of it.

with the relocated MAF (ie type) a 14 K+N is a piece of cake, least in my car.

I think alot of people are turned off by ESP. What is the cost of an unpolished one??How about doing another shorter pipe to locate the filter behind the bumper??? I can't see paying $250 for a 4" cold air kit made out of that ribbed hose, but i also can't see paying $150 for a 3ft. pice of pipe. Let us know on the cost, please.

Pipe

Well actually you would have to look at their site for pricing. The pips is aluminum by the way, they have bare and powder coated black, and why are ppl turned off by ESP.

Keith,

Count me for one of these! The new PT70-1 requires one of these big boys. I do not run an MAF so the long pipe is a better fit! With the popularity of TSM for next year, there are a lot of these larger compressor turboes being sold. These pipe would be the ticket for a clean install.

I have every confience that you'll produce a quality pipe with clamps/pipes, etc. for less than your competitors.

esp

maybe people are turned off by esp because when placing an order they bill your credit card weeks and months before they ship or know when they are gonna ship it then when you inquire about your order they dont answer the phone or return your phone messages and also dont return any e-mails and then on top of it dont tell you they no longer at their address that they moved to a new location in which after about 3-4 months of this bull you have to call your credit card company to cancel payment because your paying interest on products you never received.i hope this helps you understand- i for one will never ever do business with them again-matt

4" MAF pipe & ESP Status

Hello,
Yes, we have produced the 4" MAF pipe for some time now. We have also supplied them to all the major venders that sell them or they refer the customers to us. The pipes are made with a 4" straight length at the filter end so you may trim the pipe for custom applications. We recommend 9" K&N for MAF cars and 12-14" for FAST & DFI cars. Kit comes with a set of clamps, 4" hose and the 27" Aluminum pipe. We have specials from time to time so check the web site.
Sometimes the venders place quantity orders that wipe us out, while they have stock, like Cotton. Because we are the source it takes a while to get re-stocked if we mis-judge the market demand.

Hope this helps,
John @ ESP

ESP Matts Ship Delay

Hello Matt,
Matt placed an order for a Pre-Luber. Yes, we had relocated, sent out postcards to all current customer, and supplied new numbers on them. We can't do more than that. The Pre-luber company promised us the products and we billed. The supplier drug on and unfortunately so did we. We were wrong to rely on them and he was credited. Teh Pre-Luber company had troubles and asked us to help.
Since that time we have become the Master Distributer for Pre-Luber and have full control over supply and stock. Once Mtr. Dist. Matt's new order was filled within days. Please inquire with him regarding this. I'm sorry I can't help him with the wrong number situation but he has the correct one now.
We are new to this list and will assist readers when we can.

Thank you,
John @ ESP

Re: ESP Matts Ship Delay

Originally posted by ESP Products
Hello Matt,
Matt placed an order for a Pre-Luber. Yes, we had relocated, sent out postcards to all current customer, and supplied new numbers on them. We can't do more than that. The Pre-luber company promised us the products and we billed. The supplier drug on and unfortunately so did we. We were wrong to rely on them and he was credited. Teh Pre-Luber company had troubles and asked us to help.
Since that time we have become the Master Distributer for Pre-Luber and have full control over supply and stock. Once Mtr. Dist. Matt's new order was filled within days. Please inquire with him regarding this. I'm sorry I can't help him with the wrong number situation but he has the correct one now.
We are new to this list and will assist readers when we can.

Thank you,
John @ ESP

Since I am seen as the ESP basher here can I ask a question? I think that is possible here. I did get the postcard in the mail. What I would like to know is did you let Matt know up-front that you didn't have said item in stock? Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't ESP run zero bin or close to it on all items? If you charged him for it and never had it in stock I think it is terrible! Maybe Matt should have asked if it was in stock or ESP should have told him the situation on the Luber but by no means should he have been billed until it was in stock getting ready to go out on the UPS truck. Just my .002

pre-luber

initially i was told delivery in two weeks,after three weeks i called them and they told me they got the pre-luber in but it was missing the fittings,i was also told he would call the manurfacturer and they would send one right out this being three weeks after my credit card was charged-then after a few more weeks still no pre-luber and now im really starting to get pissed-then when i call-no answer no return messages, after e-mailing them about five times no replys,i took a ride to their shop in pa and it was totally abandoned which i left a hand written note on the front door enclosed in plastic with my name e-mail address,phone number and reason for visit,timewise now its over 3 months past and esp is awol somewher or better yet mia-so finally i canceled with my credit card company.then about three weeks later i get the postcard in the mail about them moving to charlotte street-no one i knew were told anything about their moving and i think it is very unprofessional actions on their part to treat their customers like this-esp ecially who used to like them-and let me say that when i got the phone call if i still wanted a pre-luber i was under the impression that this was a different company not esp because if i had known it was esp trying to make a sale i would definently not purchased the pre-luber through them or anything else for that matter .now maybe the vendors knows what it feels like to be treated like this and how improper it is to treat their customers like ****-matt

esp

intercooler-i guess i can say i know where you are coming from-been there done that -matt

Pre-Luber B/O

In this case I believe Matt was informed of stock, only Matt could answer that fir sure; I don't remember that far back. ELS's office was only 1/2 hour away from us at that time and when they promised delivery at a said time, we went with it. We did not stock that item due to slow orders. We now have shelves full of Pre-Luber products and kits. As always, inventory varies from day-to-day. We generally do not stock items such as GNX dashes and cosmetics. We usually stock items like sensors, wires, ESP Intercoolers, 1" Plenum spacers, ESP Girdles, DRTC, bearings, rings, gaskets, ESP S.B. oil lines, and obviously, ESP 3" & 4" Alum. MAF pipes.
In a perfect world we could do as Jessie mentioned, but we, as do most Mail Order companies, must deal with declines, fraud, and other hurdles. I'm sure everyone appriciates Jesse's attention to how we run our business, but of the few complaints you (plural) see on the internet image the hundreds of customers that satisfied with both ship time and service. If Jessie feel he can better run a Performance shop/mail-order/engine building company, then be my guest.
Hopefully we can soon get off this subject and I can get off this soapbox, my feet hurt.

Thank you for your ear,
John @ ESP Products

esp

the whole point john is the fact that over the five or so conversations i had with you over apx 5 weeks going through this ordeal never once mentioned your company was changing addresses in which i believe other arrangements should have been put in place to handle your existing orders and if you claim i didnt know your new phone number maybe thats because you never mentioned it and after going on your website-that didnt change did it john- and e-mailing you on several occassions and not being answered i guess anyone would have to feel like maybe they were about to be ripped off-good thing i used a credit card that i could cancel,however i cant ever understand your unprofessional ethnics knowing you had pending oredrs and never looked after that until your payment was canceled-i guess that must be a real eyeopener when you want to stay in business-just to let you know none of your bull is ever gonna change that-later matt

Pre-Luber MATT

Hello MATT,
We had issued post cards with new numbers and addresses. If and when you recieved them, I don't know, but we can not controll the post office. * I apologies for not including you in the board meeting and decissions that the company makes. * The only web site we have is www.espperformance.com , if you went somewhere else - not our site. We are not dumping responsibility on this issue. We claimed that in our last post. But don't you, or anyone, think you know what is involved by simply guessing. If you have a question regarding any issue, you may ask us directly. Do not assume. We have taken over control of pre-luber and hope to do a much better job with it.
Example: TRW pistons are back-ordered right now. No one knows when they will be back. If we call and they tell us .. "you'll have them next week"... we should convey the message to the customer. That is good customer service, right. But what if they are wrong. Now where do we stand. Good guy or bad guy. Did we provide customer service or lie.
Thank you, John @ ESP

esp

john-i am quite cabable of calling the proper phone numbers and looking up the proper website-this is not the case,i am a mechanic engineer and take care of more than 20 buildings in jfk airport ny and all of the mechanical systems in each-alittle more responsibilty than i think you have and may i say i do it very efficiently and completely every day,if you want to exibit poor customer service and courtesy thats your problem so dont try to push off this blunder in judgement on maybe the customer must of called the wrong number-it wasnt the wrong number when you used to take orders over it or the customer must have the wrong website-none of this happened and you know it ,all i wanted was to be given the respect and courtesy that all your customers deserve and not be treated like some third world party-i think you should get off your high horse and ego and quit trying to make excuses-you did me wrong and you got busted-end of story have a happy life-matt