4" Maf question

larry33kc

I am thinking about going back to a stock setup. I currently have a 4" Maf pipe and would like to possibly go to a card style card setup.

1 how much are they?
2 where is the best place to get them
3 how will it plug in, are they plug and play.
4 will I need anything else to run a regular chip set up?

I was thinking about TT SD setup but I'm thinking about just getting away from the tuning aspect all together

Thanks.

Even with a TT 6.1 chip with wideband WOT correction, you'll still "tune" it a little.

You'll need a 5 wire to 3 wire MAF conversion and at least a basic translator. I got the wire, translator, 36" temp sensor extension, shorty 4 in maf pipe, and slot style maf all from Full Throttle.

Spectre sells a cheap aluminum 4 inch maf sensor pipe you can put on the end of a 4 inch shorty maf pipe and then stick a K&N on it. I also have a 135* elbow to get it below my ac lines.

IMG_4890.JPG

I have a 4" Maf pipe as you can see. The temp sensor is already relocated to the back of the dog house. I don't mind a little tunning WOT is easy I just want to be able to drive it. The current combo has terrible drive ability and no support to fix it. I'm done messing with it and just want easy and drive able.

I just need a list of parts to get to convert back. I already have a stock computer and just need ......
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My post gives part numbers ft or the sensor. I asked turbobob if that sensor would work with the translator. It is a direct replacemnet for the ls1 sensor.

Now I'm more confused. On the FullThrottle site they have 2 SD chips one for $350 and another for $190. I've been trying to go the cheapest that's why I asked about the Maf setup.
Which way is the best, easiest, cheapest way to go?

That sensor is $105 on eBay, the mount is $17 of eBay. I am running a tt chip with a maf translator.

I love my SD2 chip . Ditch the MAF and grab the SD2 and setup different tunes from cruise to kill .

There is a big difference between the SD and SD2 chip, so make sure you know what you're getting.
(The original SD chip is no longer made, since it was replaced by the SD2.)

It's a SD chip. Not the SD2. I probably will be emailing you some questions on it Eric if that's ok?