4" MAF sensor/ MAF pipe

Mike Licht

I was here first
This is the prototype going to the bender today. Production units will be polished. The sensor element will be mounted right in the pipe, it is close to invisable to the airflow. You will need a translator and an adaptor harness to plug it in. Upgrade chips for existing translator units will be available so they will work with this sensor. It just does not get any better than this for performance and spool up still keeping the mass air. We will also have a full cold air kit to go with this or you can just clamp on a 4" filter and go. Price will be posted in about 2 weeks, (It will be good) Should be in stock in 4 to 6.
Mike Licht

Attachments

• DSC04717.jpg
    DSC04717.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,732
  • DSC04718.jpg
    DSC04718.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,741
  • DSC04719.jpg
    DSC04719.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,709
This is exactly what I have been waiting for! Will this work with the Big Mouth CAI???.. I sure hope it does!

Umm... are there 4in inlet bells available for stock and stock appearing turbos???

Will this be too much for a stocker, or is this going to need a new turbo to support it:D :D

Curious, as I planned on going LS/LT1 and translator... but would rather just get the 4in now for when I start to get serious about building in the future(I'm not expecting this engine to last long under my foot:D ).

So basically I can send my chip back in and have it reprogrammed to work with this new pipe/maf instead of my current 85 mm sensor on the car? Also is it possible to emove the sensor for powder coating the pipe?

My $.02

Mike I hope you put the sensor electrical hook=up postion in the rear and maybe towards the bottom. In the top or front of the pipe would be an eye sore in my book.
PS: after looking at the pic. again it looks like the placement is where it should be.

Looks pretty nice, I was about to do a 3.5" set up but maybe I'll go with this if the price isn't too crazy.

SWEET! I really hope it works with the Big Mouth... Have you thought about selling the maf sensor seperately so it could be adapted to other 4in pipes?

I just never wanted to upgrade to a 3.5in pipe/maf because it was still a bottle neck, but if this thing works well then I have no excuse not to upgrade!

Definately very cool!

Madcat455

To answer your question, yes, PTE has made 4" two bolt style inlet bells that bolt to the stock appearing TA style compressor covers in the past. CNC Milled billet aluminum. Not sure if they have any left, but you might want to call them and see what they have. If out of stock, trust me, it would take quit awhile to have one custom done due to cnc machine scheduling.
They were made specifically for the TA-66 turbo. This used to be the largest TA series turbo that they made.
HTH

Patrick

Also is it possible to remove the sensor for powder coating the pipe?

Mike I hope you put the sensor electrical hook=up postion in the rear and maybe towards the bottom. In the top or front of the pipe would be an eye sore in my book.
PS: after looking at the pic. again it looks like the placement is where it should be.

Im also curious about these two issues. I cant wait for this to be available, its exactly what Ive been wishing for. Great job Mike.

The production prototype should be here any day. If we give them the ok it will be 2 to 3 weeks
Mike

Hey Mike, I've been checking your website everyday looking for an update, and it turns out I just missed this post nearly 2 weeks ago:eek: . Looks fantastic. If it'll work with Marks Big mouth kit, looks like I'll be spending more $ on this car;)