You can type here any text you want

443 whp hp on 93 octane only

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here is a good example of how engine temperature affects my car. This was an extended run in overdrive to really load the motor Coolant temp was 188 and outside temp was about 90. After this run in these conditions I knew the dyno pull would be ok in 3rd. Not pretty but at least I know everything is working. I also pulled fuel after this to clean it up a little.View attachment 204749
Exactly. Its doing what its supposed to do. I'm not a fan of running it on that edge of knock like your doing. Bet if you leaned out the afr into the 11's it would knock way worse.

Good to see someone trying to get the most out of pump gas. I played around a few years ago and managed a best of 11.9@114 on a 61 turbo. I upgraded to 66 turbo and FMIC but never made a pump gas pass before I sold it. I would def be careful at the track vs a dyno with the extra load from wind resistance.... richen it up and take out some boost to be safe. Here is a link to my thread with some info:

12.2@113 on pump gas (no alky)

Good luck!

Good to see someone trying to get the most out of pump gas. I played around a few years ago and managed a best of 11.9@114 on a 61 turbo. I upgraded to 66 turbo and FMIC but never made a pump gas pass before I sold it. I would def be careful at the track vs a dyno with the extra load from wind resistance.... richen it up and take out some boost to be safe. Here is a link to my thread with some info:

Good luck!
What kind of plenum are you running and are you using a power plate?

Good luck!

With that mph you were making over 400 whp back in 2010 and it looks like toomanymods is @ about 500 to the ground. Good work guys!

Exactly. Its doing what its supposed to do. I'm not a fan of running it on that edge of knock like your doing. Bet if you leaned out the afr into the 11's it would knock way worse.

You are right the car may be on the edge but I do think things through before just jumping feet first into something. I have tried to educate myself just a little before really pushing the car. The PL file with the knock was after driving the car all over the place in the heat of the day and getting into it a few times so that everything was heat soaked before pushing it to see how much it would knock.

Now on the other side of the coin I cheated on the dyno run. I went that morning and put fresh 7-11 gas in an almost empty tank and arrived at the 8:30 appointment an hour early to let the car cool down (few little things trying to gain an edge). Another little thing that I think helps with reducing engine load is the 235 tires on the rear (not good for mph but worked for my intended purpose). I did learn after the dyno run that the wideband needs to be recalibrated because they found that it is .5 leaner than it reads.

Now with all of this said I bet the car will ET like a pig for a number of reason .

The tire, cam, converter & turbo combo is wrong, but it will make good power on the dyno:) .

mike buick dyno.jpg

Good numbers... Last time I dyno'd mine I got 404 rwhp at 13psi on 91 pump gas, as of now I'm going from a Precision FMIC to a RJC FMIC, updating my Maf trans to a Gen 2 and adding a Alky control kit. Shooting for 22-25psi on 91/alky trying to get into the 600+ rwhp club

With the proper tune I don't think between 4oo & 500 whp on pump gas is all that uncommon but at that level your only one bad tank of gas away from a lot of work. After a fuel up I always feather the throttle into boost the first few times to check for any signs of knock. The 404 with only 13 psi is a very good #.

:eek: Here is a shot of the antique exhaust system that it made almost 400 through. It's starting to swell a little.

walker replacement muffler.jpg

It's been a little while but I finally created a youtube account so that my dyno video could be uploaded.

Back