You can type here any text you want

50s with SMC 2 nozzle alcohol-- street/strip chip opinions please!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN SBS

Hi folks,

Any suggestions for a street/strip chip for 50s that would incorporate my alchy setup? I'd like to be able to run the same fuel and timing on the street and at the track (both with Sunoco 94 octane).

I know I can take advantage of more timing than a typical 93 chip would include, but don't want tons (or any) transitional knock before the alchy sprays.

Max Effort is currently on my list and I've been getting tons of helpful feedback from Steve-- and I don't think there are any others using this combo with ME-- but I wanted to see if there were others running a similar combo.

suggestions?

thanks,
Scott

I used to run 50's, ME and the dual nozzle kit but liked a single nozzle better. Car ran great with the ME chip 18/26 timing. Listen to Steve if you get the chip keep the timing low and the boost high seems to work great for a lot of people. I'm sure there are quite a few people running that very comman set up.
I have since switched to propain and hope to get some test runs down at the Bradenton race.
Dan

What timing do folks suggest here?

I don't want much in the way of transitional knock.

Scott

Back