6.1 chip and e85 new install questions?eric?

bpman1234

hi just installed the 6.1 chip and e85 .just want to on the power logger on the maf display option i used the 1st option is that right ?i have the gen2 and the lc1 wb .and i would like to know if the af correction factor is working properly ?i posted a log is there anything that needs attention? just want to be sure everything is right before i turn up the boost .this is only at 15-16 lbs boost tghanks in advance. ps.my the fuel pressure reads 10lbs off when it reads 26lbs it is really 36lbs.

Attachments

• QuickSave.004.dat
    52 KB · Views: 80
Here's what I see in your log.
MAF display of 255 is correct.
You have a voltage problem. It's too low.
Your stock O2 reading does not look correct. It's hanging around .550 most of the time. Might need a new sensor, or check wiring/ground.
The wideband closed loop correction is working, however I'm not sure your wideband reading is correct. Need to get the stock O2 working correctly first.

ok thanks right now its the heated o2 thats what the motor came with .would the stock o2 be better ?and thanks for time .yes the o2 when i first start the car cold it climbs up as it should too about 780 then after it warms up its at the 550.

Last edited:
i went out and checked voltage at bat 14.45 or so went to the battery same thing then checked the orange plug at the battery about same before and after the plug where should i go next ignition switch? fuse block?

ok thanks right now its the heated o2 thats what the motor came with .would the stock o2 be better ?and thanks for time .yes the o2 when i first start the car cold it climbs up as it should too about 780 then after it warms up its at the 550.

The heated one is fine as long as it's working. Yours isn't working right.
Since you have a Gen2, do you have the plug-n-play harness? If so check all the O2 wiring involved with that too. I have seen problems there.

yes it has the plug&play harness gonna replace the heated o2 with the non heated one denso much cheaper . also since i changed everything over when i go to start the car cold it has like a intake pop very little so i crank it again and it starts but really rough but it clears up and runs fine .gonna double check the o2 wiring also when i put the new o2 in we'll see how of the wideband is like you stated above.i have been trying to get on this site for i think 2 days finally got through .thanks for your help.

hi eric i finally got on the site again .is it happening to others.anyway the o2 go to the 500 range when my fans kick on for some reason i then when they turn off the o2s go back up. i posted another log with the car warming up to that point when the fans go on and the o2s drop .and wide band.. did you see this before? could it be the fan wiring circuit ?

Attachments

• QuickSave.005.dat
    479.1 KB · Views: 65
Checking the battery without a load behind it won't really tell much, this is why Eric seen that it was too low during the log, not just at the battery itself. When the fans kick in they draw a lot of energy, robbing the injectors from the needed injector voltage, and if the charging system can't keep up, then neither will the ECM's O2 correction. Clean all of your contacts, check your grounds, check the connections behind the alternator, and if your still having problems, have the alternator checked itself and replace it if needed...

so i went and check all my connections all looked good but i still took them out and cleaned contacts put it all back together still no change so went out got a rebuild starter from a local shop put it in and still as soon as the fans go on o2s go down .so i went to my fan relays and found this looook .

Attachments

• IMG539 (3).jpg
    IMG539 (3).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 166
that is my high speed fan relay i think and i am using the high speed side to power both my fans and only one of the fans have its own relay could that be it .?

okay I bought a new alternator but I will still have voltage problems. it was only happening when my fans kicked on so I went and rewired my fans because only one of them were on the relay so I put a relay on the other one and all is good now at the alternator I measure 14 7 at the battery I measure 14 7 at the red plug for the ECM before and after the plug I measure 14 7 at the fuse block on all the fuses I measured 13 7 except for one I measured 14 7 and there's a five amp fuse that measures .4 . I'll check those to see what there for its hard to read on the panel. the ScanMaster reads 13.7 12. 7 so I guess all is good now .will post a log soon thanks guys

Sent from my LG-MS910

hi eric . so I got my voltage problem fixed now about the wideband settings in the lm program I did some messing around in there now my numbers are way off so as far as the front page of the lm am I supposed to set it to e85 and on the analog 2 setting please tell me the on those 4 where it saids volts at lamda.or should I just reset to factory defalt and start over.i posted a log of what it reading now.just idle.

Attachments

• QuickSave.004.dat
    62.4 KB · Views: 93
It doesn't matter if it's E85, just treat it like gas. Set the LM programmer settings just like the chip instructions show.
Let me know if you need a copy of the instructions.

ok reset everthing hope I did it right .hers a 167-18 lbs boost please let me know what you seeee.thanks eric.

ok here for some reason it didn't take thev first time.thanks

Attachments

• QuickSave.7.dat
    528.6 KB · Views: 81
Sorry but your stock O2 reading and wideband readings are not normal. I would not do any WOT runs until its fixed. Unfortunately I can't tell you what's wrong, but if I had to guess, maybe a wiring problem.

Make sure your Gen 2 adapter is not intercepting those signals and/or altering the signal. I have seen those adapters have a wire switched around and cause problems with the readings.

You mean wires on the adapters when it was made because I didn't switch anything around it was just plug-and-play