6.1 chip and e85 new install questions?eric?

ok thank you very much for helping me get this straight both you guys bob and Eric you guys stand behind your products and the time you take to with your customers and the extra time you spend on this site to help people that never even bought your products.is priceless. thanks again a.on valentines day.

ok now that its reading right can u please look at this log and let me know what needs attention.

Attachments

• QuickSave.020.dat
    218.3 KB · Views: 71
The stock O2 is still not right. Either the sensor is bad, or there is a wiring problem, etc. You can see in this log that it levels out at 600mv at WOT, even though it should be up around 800.
Its spooling really slow. The boost is low at the beginning and gets higher through the run. Maybe the wastegate is hanging open.
I think the wideband looks right. The correction is up around 15-17%, so increase the base fuel that amount.
If you're running E85, I would change the target a/f's to about 11.5 and check for knock.

Capture214.JPG

ok thanks gonna see what up with that stock narrowband sensor its the heated one and it plugs into the egr solenoid vacuum hose box that black box that's behind the egr I believe the chip has it disabled would that have anything to do with it ?

you know when I take my foot off the gas the millivolts go to the 700-750 range then when I hit the gas I goes down to the 500 -600 range any ideas .

last time I wanted to go back to the stock non heated narrowband for some reason the car did not want to start .so I put the heated 02 system back and it started maybe have to look there somewhere ?and when it is running lets say that the 02s start at 750 then when I turn the lights on drop too 730 and when I put the heater on (ac not hooked up)it drops to700 orso then when the fans go on we get the 500 -600 .I did go through all my grounds new alternator added grounds I am getting 13-14 volts at fuse block 14.5at alt and at battery and at the orange ecm wire before and after the plug.dont know where that stock purple 02 wire ends up but how can I check it for what ever signal I am supposed to get from it .???

hi eric I installed I new narrowband been driving the car but every now and then my o2s go to zero and wide band goes up in the 20s feels like it stalls but I give the gas peddle some quick pumps and all is good till it happens again explained it to bob he said might be maf cutting out or fp cutting out so I tried to put my 4'' maf sensor to rule pout the maf but it dosent run with it it used to run with the 5.7 chip I just had to pick the right sensor in the gen2 settings just want ton know if thisn chip was set up just for the 31/2 ls1 maf pleased reply thanks.

Hello,
It doesn't matter what MAF you are using with the chip, as long as you have the Gen2 set up correctly. I would use the LS1 3.5" sensor.
See what your BLM's look like. Maybe post another log driving around.
Eric

heres a log it took awhile till it happened .it happened at the20080 frame .you mentioned last time about volts being low I redid all my grounds got a new alternator when I go to my fuse box I read 13.5 volt almost on all fuses .beside that what do you see the promlem could be starring at me .thanks

hi eric here's a log .last time you mention the volts were low I replaced the alternator redid all my grounds and I read 13.5 at the fuse box on most of the fuses .what else do you see ?the problem could be starring at me .it took awhile for it to happen but it happens at the 20080 frame .thanks please let me know what you see .

Attachments

• QuickSave.036.dat
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
Looks to me like your MAF signal dropped out. It was idling at around 7 gr/sec, then all of a sudden it went to 4.5 gr/sec, which caused it to go lean and stall.

yes that's what I was thinking also that's why I put the 4'' mega maf in to make sure but it starts then stall it worked before with the 5.7 chip and I have done it many times longs its set right in the gen 2 .or should I try cleaning the ls1 they sell cleaners for that .what do you think.