~630 Ft/lb Torque @ 14.5psi Bst!!

jbunla

Guys help me understand this! This is not my car I have a lowly 3800 V6 and want to achieve this however I too am not convinced that you can make this kind of power while not turning the engine much. I believe this was made before 5000RPM on a MPT70, (whatever that is?)
I am told the 3800 V6 has enough differences to make them different from 'ye ol LC2. Especially rod length which is why the LC2 can make gobs of tq. Anyone care to comment or give some insight because this is what I need :biggrin:

thread is here:
http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9334

There are plenty of the old 3.8 Buicks making that kind of power, and more. And they don't turn really high rpms doing it, either. Just a lot boost, alky and/or race gas. The 3800 is a whole different animal, and I'm not sure it will handle that kind of boost. But there aren't many gurus on this board for the 3800.

Thanks a lot,
I just found it strange that a 3.8 will produce that much power at only 14.5psi of boost :eek:

456 RWHP and 509 RWTQ

I didnt see 630 TQ but then again i didnt read 10 pages of that either on the link that you left.

Seems to make pretty good power for such low boost, he seems to know what he is doing and how to make p o w e r :biggrin:

BW