650 hp vs down pipe

Thank you
The rest of the duel exhaust using a 2.5 with Magna flow mufflers ( they are basically straight pipe with packing )
2.5 should be good then ?

Thank you
The rest of the duel exhaust using a 2.5 with Magna flow mufflers ( they are basically straight pipe with packing )
2.5 should be good then ?
In my testing I have only ran 3 inch,3.5 and bigger stuff.you could always have a dump tube on your setup and test on your car and see. I don't like to guess giving guys advice but if you were to twist my arm I would think duel 2.5 should be fine with 650hp.

In my testing I have only ran 3 inch,3.5 and bigger stuff.you could always have a dump tube on your setup and test on your car and see. I don't like to guess giving guys advice but if you were to twist my arm I would think duel 2.5 should be fine with 650hp.
I was guessing the same.

I’m a plumber, I know that two 2.5 inch pipes will out flow one 3 inch at any distance.
But that has nothing to do with cars.

I’ll leave that part alone since I already did it.

I was guessing the same.

I’m a plumber, I know that two 2.5 inch pipes will out flow one 3 inch at any distance.
But that has nothing to do with cars.

I’ll leave that part alone since I already did it.

Hey Ernie, Mr.Spool had a solid suggestion about running a dump pipe on your car.

Here is a link to a 3" electronic dump pipe that comes with the motor, y-pipe, and the switch to turn it on and off. For $100 it is pretty hard to beat!
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/dsm-intercooler-piping/3.0"-electric-exhaust-cutout-_-bypass-valve-p-9577.html?osCsid=6256cf5049e2c0252b403588a5cf2c20

Yes it a good idea.
I can add it in. I only have the 2.5 duel set up finished. I need to down pipe still,still gives me time to add in.

I have different question.

The guy building my engine says he needs pistons before he bores out my block.

I had talked to Brian (bison performance) a while back and he told me he first bores then gets pistons.
( this makes sense to me)

Can this go both ways?

Yes it a good idea.
I can add it in. I only have the 2.5 duel set up finished. I need to down pipe still,still gives me time to add in.

I have different question.

The guy building my engine says he needs pistons before he bores out my block.

I had talked to Brian (bison performance) a while back and he told me he first bores then gets pistons.

Can this go both ways?
You can go about that both ways I personally like to order the pistons and then do the final finish hone when the piston arrives

............The guy building my engine says he needs pistons before he bores out my block.

Can this go both ways?

We have built hundreds of turbo V-6 engines and ALWAYS do the machine work including the cylinder bores before ordering pistons.

Boring the cylinders may show small rust holes, or even other defects in the block like a crack in the bore or the main web?

This is not an opinion, but what we have encountered over many years.

We have built hundreds of turbo V-6 engines and ALWAYS do the machine work including the cylinder bores before ordering pistons.

Boring the cylinders may show small rust holes, or even other defects in the block like a crack in the bore or the main web?

This is not an opinion, but what we have encountered over many years.
I’m with you on this.
I had a sbc that had a line down the hole. I had it done at 20 over. Well 20 over was not enough, it still showed.

I don’t know if I should make him do it the way I like it .
I’m too nice sometimes
I don’t want to offend him or piss him off.

I would imagine that the deck must be done.
How else is he going to know the deck height.

I need to talk to him about my concerns.
I would hate to order the Pistons and then have him call me saying It needs to be bored a little bigger .

You can go about that both ways I personally like to order the pistons and then do the final finish hone when the piston arrives
This I would still be comfortable with because at least you have the rough bore done and just needs the final hone.

I got to talk to him.

On a engine pumping 650hp at crank.
3 inch down pipe ok?

Or 3.5 ?
I have a 3" down pipe & 2 1/2" ATR duel exhaust with NO cut out and my motor makes 767 hp / 787 ft lb torque ! I don't believe you will be limited with that exhaust combo .

I have a 3" down pipe & 2 1/2" ATR duel exhaust with NO cut out and my motor makes 767 hp / 787 ft lb torque ! I don't believe you will be limited with that exhaust combo .
What connection does the downpipe have?
I need a stock style 4 bolt

My down pipe is an ATR , Terry Houston style with internal waste gate .

My down pipe is an ATR , Terry Houston style with internal waste gate .
I’m new to this I’m sorry
Is that like a stock bolt pattern ?
Well I’d be interested in the down pipe.
The rest of my exhaust is finished

Yes , like stock .
ATR is out of business years ago , but many of the vendors on here could help you with your decision on what DP would best mate up with your exhaust system .
Everybody was new to this at one time , so keep asking questions and reading posts . Sam