You can type here any text you want

67 Gto Killed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

L8TRH8R

Last Sunday I had to go to Verizon and get an up date for my phone. Per usual I decide to park in the far corner of the lot. Low and behold a nice looking Goat is parked over there.So I park a space away and go handle my biz. As I get to my car( It's running due to remote start) i notice someone in the GTO and he starts it up.... Well this is still a pretty new build so I've been waiting....:cool: for my first kill with the new set up. He followed me out to the street close on my tail then gets next to me as the light turns I leave and he trails back... Hmm does he wanna play or not??? At the next light he leans over and rolls down his window and says "You had some work done to that thing?" and I reply"It's a T Type, they're all fast!" I think this pissed him off. Light turns green and I leave at 0 boost (I'm on 28 inch tall factory width tires, DR's are in the garage) He leaves me by a car and a half and at about 35ish the tides change...QUICKLY! I passed him like he was in reverse and was two and a half ahead he gets behind me and goes into Taco Bell.... Maybe he wanted to **** his pants twice in one day!!!:D

Nice!! I think most Muscle car owners know just how fast the Turbo Regals are and for some reason, they're a lil jealous of that. I can't tell you how many times i've been to cruise nights, car shows, whatever and the GN just doesn't get much respect from the muscle car guys/gals. They kinda treat you like an orphane, lol. Now don't get me wrong, i've owned more then a few vintage muscle cars and ALWAYS respected the Turbo Regals for there performance but there are many who don't for one reason or another. My wife says it's because i'm handicaped 2 cylinders and they know i'll still smoke there 'big blocks', lol. It's all good fun though.......

Ken

Nice!! I think most Muscle car owners know just how fast the Turbo Regals are and for some reason, they're a lil jealous of that. I can't tell you how many times i've been to cruise nights, car shows, whatever and the GN just doesn't get much respect from the muscle car guys/gals. They kinda treat you like an orphane, lol. Now don't get me wrong, i've owned more then a few vintage muscle cars and ALWAYS respected the Turbo Regals for there performance but there are many who don't for one reason or another. My wife says it's because i'm handicaped 2 cylinders and they know i'll still smoke there 'big blocks', lol. It's all good fun though.......

Ken

I know what you mean. I went to a cruise night last summer and had to drive by the Vintage Mustang club. They had their own private area in the back of the McDonald's parking lot. As I went by I got a "is that a race car?" comment. :rolleyes: I just responded with , "Nah, it just looks like one." :biggrin: Who cares right?

My brother used to have a 67 GTO. Stock it was a 400ci with a Hurst His/Her shifter and a peg leg. I think the guy he sold it to took it to the track and busted out some mid 14 second runs with it. Woo Hoo! Don't get me wrong I love old muscle cars. I think my favorite GTO's are "The Judge" years.

Good kill BTW. Most of the time they don't wanna mess around.

Awesome an ol Goat. Way to show em the Buick way :biggrin:

I too have always like the old Goats; my Dad used to work at a Pontiac dealer in the late 60s worked on the goats. Apparently they had a problem with the gas pedal sticking at times which he found out one day....LOL

Dad never owned a goat but he did own a 1969 and a 1970 Grand Prix. Those cars were nice and a sleeper for sure. I remember when I was kid he could kill a vette with them fairly easily.

There is an old goat around here bu he has nothing to do with my ol T :smile:

Alot of the stock "classic muscle cars" are not very fast to begin with. Most are too expensive now and the owners are *****'s about racing them. When I see an old Pontiac at the track I always make a point of going over to talk to them and congratulate them for running it. It's great to see. I love the Pontiacs and Olds of the that era.

I've busted the chops of some of the locals to hit the track but I get all kinds of excuses. Most know they would be totally embarassed by a 6 cylinder.

I know what you guys mean by the old muscle-car muscle heads. I remember when I first got mine, back in '93, and old school gear head refered to my turbo'd car as "fake power". Whatever the heck that meant. LOL!

Found out the kid's Dad built the motor and it's a 455 thats "SUPPOSED" to be some big deal....My old 70 GSX would've ate that car too! :D Where I'am (Montana) people don't even know what our cars are. He thought it was a 350 with a turbo...I've had a lot of "vintage" cars as well and once I read up on the T/R's I havent looked back. I sold my 68 Charger bought a GN which I sold to get my Limited. I feel like everyone has seen big block power... It feels so :cool: to dust a big cube motor with a lil ol v6... I'm looking at a 50 Buick Special my buddy has though for my wife. I think a big old Buick with twin GTK'S is in order for the winter project!!! She's been patient with me and the Limited soooooo I guess I owe her a headache of her own!!!!:D

My brother used to have a 67 GTO. Stock it was a 400ci with a Hurst His/Her shifter and a peg leg. I think the guy he sold it to took it to the track and busted out some mid 14 second runs with it.

Actually it was a 400 2bbl from the factory. I had it done up with some head work, intake, big 'ol Holley, headers, etc. Still a 14-second car. I remember when I sold the car to him he was itching to race me in my 5.0 Mustang. I demolished him - he just couldn't believe it. Didn't talk to him after that day.

I loved that car, though. The '67s had a classic look to them, much like the '87 GNs.

Jim

Good kill.

When I see older muscle cars I just assume they are all fast but in reality how many of them are 10 second street cars? The first muscle car I ever got a ride in was an Olds 442 back in the mid 80's. It was an older 442. I just remember thinking "Wow, that was really fast". He did have quite a bit of work done to it for the time. When I look back it was probably a high 13 second car at best and more likely a low 14 second car!

Back