You can type here any text you want

71 CUDA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
I am starting to look for my childhood dream car. So if you see or hear someone selling one not at a crazy price just let me know. I don't mind travelling see one. Hard Top or Convertible, Auto or Stick.

Thanks
Joe

Nevermind, my buddys car is NOT a Cuda. :eek: Good luck.

Thanks , but it is the 71. Not looking on going crazy and paying over $100K, but anything half decent under $50K

Ya I know!..I screwed up back in 1985 when I was 23 yrs old I could have picked up a 1970 Hemi Cuda Matching number, Shaker for $8500, but who would of thought then!...I still kick my ass and I am 51. So I have a pretty sore Butt...You have an idea what that car is worth today!!!!
Thank for the sites.

I'm a Mopar guy plain and simple when it comes to old muscle cars. I have a 68 Barracuda 340 Formula S 4 speed. Made the cover of Mopar Muscle Magazine in 2005. I still want a 70 AAR Cuda but they are getting out of reach for the normal guy. There's a lot of clones out there so be careful. I've seen true $$$ cars on ebay wrecked and rusted beyond repair sell for $15 to 20K. These guys aren't restoring them they're buying the VIN tag. Make sure you get some history behind the car or walk away.

I'm a Mopar guy plain and simple when it comes to old muscle cars. I have a 68 Barracuda 340 Formula S 4 speed. Made the cover of Mopar Muscle Magazine in 2005. I still want a 70 AAR Cuda but they are getting out of reach for the normal guy. There's a lot of clones out there so be careful. I've seen true $$$ cars on ebay wrecked and rusted beyond repair sell for $15 to 20K. These guys aren't restoring them they're buying the VIN tag. Make sure you get some history behind the car or walk away.
Sure thing.. Thanks

I recently been told a story that's been floating around about a guy who bought a hemi charger only to find the original tags on another car supposedly documented by an "expert". I guess the tags were sold on eBay and somebody rebodied the car. Problem is somebody restored the original body.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck finding one under 50K. I ran across this one on Ebay about 5 months ago cuz my dad is a big mopar fan. Right place at the right time:
71 convertible 426 hemi clone, pistol grip 4 speed in B5 blue... Drove it over the weekend with our local Mopar club with SloGN riding shotgun. Too cold to have the top down tho.
10686620_10153352889310110_7345415768506776512_n.jpg

10636063_10203188777335034_8214251528645105888_n.jpg

Can I please have the address and time of day when nobody is there.....lol
I am patient. No rush.

Very nice car.

Talk about how the world is funny. Just found one for sale 30 minutes from me. A clone 318 with a 340 / 4 speed Green $26,500 and this was posted yesterday.
$_20.JPG

Very nice. Dream car, 30 min, $26k . . . Sounds like a winner if she is built right. Dunno. Good luck.

I think a 340 is baddest small block ever built. My first car was a 72 challenger with a 340 and a 727. It had 391 gears. I put a cam, aluminum intake and headers in it and crushed many big blocks back in the day. Still miss that car to this day. If I had the cash I would jump all over that clone for 26k.

I think a 340 is baddest small block ever built. My first car was a 72 challenger with a 340 and a 727. It had 391 gears. I put a cam, aluminum intake and headers in it and crushed many big blocks back in the day. Still miss that car to this day. If I had the cash I would jump all over that clone for 26k.

The 340 is a killer small block, big boar short stroke. I stroked mine to a 416 with a 4" crank and 30 over. Then a $5000 set of CNC Indy cylinder heads, custom grind cam, intake, 1050 Dominator etc etc. The last time out after the new heads my 60's went from 1.5's to 2.1's. I couldn't hook the car to save my life. Bent all ten wheel studs, bananad' the perches on my Dana 60 and managed a 11.10 at 131 mph with a 2.1 60. I should have crashed and burned that day so I vowed never to race the car again. It's haunts me to this day, that car should do a 10.5 to a 10.20 but I'll never take it back to find out. I got handed a second life that day so I'll keep it. How my axle didn't come out from under the car I'll never know? At 131 mph it would have been over. I 4 linked it after that just because. It's a 4 speed car and it's violent rowing the gears. Lot's of fun but I respect it.

I'll get the GN down the track in the low ten's and call it a day.

I had a mostly stock 340 with a 292 mopar hyd. Cam and imported iron W2 heads running consistent 12.00 on pump gas. May seem slow today in our Buick world but was respectable 25+ years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back