You can type here any text you want

719.5rwhp/ 700rwtq with FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pro Stock John

I don't even know how to start off this thread, that's a first.

Last night Intmd8 (Jim M.), who is the tuner at Speed Inc. (www.ls1speed.com) was able to dyno my car for the third time... and the results were awesome:

705rwhp!

Let me do a quick recap of the car's setup and the results from the last three dyno sessions:

98 Formula
9.1:1 LS6 block, 6.0 Heads, Engine built by Speed Inc.
FMS 230/236//115//+2 cam (Cam Motion)
Diamond Pistons
Eagle 6.125 rods
Stock 5.7 crankshaft
3.905 bore LS6 crate block
6.0 heads, 69CC chambers
MLS 6.0 head gaskets
Stock waterpump
Bauer Stock ported TB
Stock ported oil pump
Y/T 1.7 rockers
Comp R Lifters
Dual timing chain
Stock LS1 MAF, descreened
LS6 Intake
ARP main studs
Dave White Head studs
Griffin frontmount air/air intercooler
Vortech YS Trim
8 rib pulley setup
Custom blower brackets, tensioner, piping by SS Racing
FAST bank to bank ECU; Cartek crank signal box; LS1 Edit
Kooks 1.875>2.000 step headers, 3.5 collectors
Kooks 3.5 >3 X pipe with ATR mufflers, dumped
Turbo 400 transmission, non lockup
Yank U4000 nine inch converter
Moser nine inch rearend, 4.11 gears
Short belt, no power steering
Hooser 28x10.5x15 slicks
Mixture of VP C12 and 93 Octane
Weldon 2025 external fuel pump
Weldon regulator
Speed Inc. drag gas tank
SS Racing fuel rails

Engine, built and installed by Dan and Jim @ Speed Inc.
Dual Exhaust installed by Speed Inc.
Custom blower brackets, tensioner, and piping built and installed by Chris and Kurt Sikora @ SS Racing
FAST system purchased from Cartek, overall car has been tuned by Jim @ Speed Inc. with major input from Cartek, SS Racing and Bob Kurgan
FAST tuning support from Craig Smith @ FAST
Vortech supercharger setup designed, installed, and revised by Chris @ SS Racing and Bob Kurgan (pulley choices, location of blower, etc.)
FAST install, fuel system, custom wiring, overall engineering by Chris and Kurt Sikora @ SS Racing (www.ssracing.net)
Griffin intercooler designed by Jimmy Burns with Griffin Thermal Products
Overall package devised by me, Chris @ SS Racing, Bob Kurgan (engine displacement, blower choice, header sizes, selection of FAST system, fuel system., etc)
Thanks to John and Ricky @ Vortech Superchargers for sponsoring the project and providing support doing the project buildup

A few dyno comments:

Dyno #1
-450rwhp
-6 psi
-Slipping blower belt
-Electrical anomaly noted when datalogging

Dyno #2
-560rwhp
-14 psi
-Overly large torque converter, the old one flashed to 6900 during the pulls
-Some belt slippage noted
-Electrical anomaly largely gone

Dyno #3
-705rwhp
-Roughly 17 psi
-23 degrees of timing at WOT
-New Yank U4000 converter installed
-Belt was tightened, early pull was 666rwhp with slippage
-Pulled to 6700

**UPDATE**
Dyno #4
-719.5rwhp
-700rwtq
-17psi
-11:1 AF
-Same mix of C12 and 93 Octane

----------------------------------------------
I
LOVE
MY
FAST!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats

Your car don't happen to be Red is it.:D Seems like they found the sweet spot.

Steve

Lose the blower, its costing you 100 hp. I know people with similar setups producing 800rwhp, with a large thumper turbo. on straight 94 octane

Out of curiousity, what do you do with the intercooler while on the dyno? Since the car is stationary, seems like you are losing some potential cooling.

-Bob Cunningham

My next car will be a turbo.

Bob, the 'cooler works great.

We only see a 15F in inlet air temps during a pull.

I have also saw some big numbers from single turbo LS1. looks like your engine is fairly stock hard parts what is the limits of a stock LS1?? awsome numbers that motor will be the futures SBC a

You are making some excellent numbers now and it appears to me that you still have room to go. This should be one bad mutha when you are finished!

I believe the LS1 is the best mass-produced V8 ever and this is an excellent showcase for it. Those things are basically smooth-running race engines that get great mileage too. 400 hp and 25+ mpg all day long out of an n/a piece is very good in my opinion and not hard to do with an LS1-equipped car. But I better not stand on an LS1 soapbox too long on a BUICK board... :D :D :D

Great work so far and thanks for the flattering words. Please keep us informed on your progress.

We have a big fan blowing onto the nose of the car but that's it.

My longblock is very conventional, my goal was to see how much power we could make with a stock style longblock.

So I have a stock crank, but I have good rods and forged pistons. My 6.0 heads have very average flow numbers (300/220) and everything in the engine is easily found except for my head studs.

Who's single turbo are you talking about?

If I remember right a company called INCAS or something similar they are farily comon I think, but Im not that up to date on LS1. I thought I saw a few guys running really good numbers not quite as good as yours but with a turbo and like 4psi. Dont they have like 11 to 1 stock??? Did you lower your compression?

Originally posted by norbs
Lose the blower, its costing you 100 hp. I know people with similar setups producing 800rwhp, with a large thumper turbo. on straight 94 octane

Yup 940rwhp with my twins:) Thats 110 though. 760rwhp with 93 octane

John that is awesome. Its been a long time coming for you, you've stuck with it and got some great results. It will be good to see you lay down some passes ..hopefully soon.

We are on hold right now because of the baby, which is due any day! But I'm playing with the FAST every day.

You gonna be at the SBSO? Racing I hope!

Good luck

Larry

Larry, it's very doubtful I will bring the car down for SBSO since I am changing 1-2 things in early March and then the car hits the dyno one more time. But I plan to spectate and help Tony run the event.

Back