750hp recipe

Leaning out and only 17 pounds are both indicators that the motor is working very efficiently. Lots of room there and soon we will know how good of a builder you are;)

Sure .. Totally Agree .. .. question is .. how many times .. 10 ?? 20 ? 50 ? its a timebomb @ 750hp with a stock shortblock .. don't let anyone KID you .
And I don't care who tunes it or what kind of magical spell they put on it .. It's not gonna live long ... PERIOD.

I took another application to 700 when they typically live to 500 .. Sure it took 700 for a while .. but I've lost the same application @ 550 hp ..

If you want it to live a stock Crank in a 750 hp application is just WRONG .. even with a perfect tune that crank is not upto the task

just my opinion but if 750 hp is your goal .. don't mess around .. either STAGE it .. or LSx it !
Stock crank will take way more than 750 in the right build on the right tune.I wish I could tell you how fast I went with just steel caps and good Pistons and rods and I'm not talking about 1 hit on the motor either.how about hundreds of passes and 26k and it never made under 84lb/min;)

Stock crank will take way more than 750 in the right build on the right tune.I wish I could tell you how fast I went with just steel caps and good Pistons and rods and I'm not talking about 1 hit on the motor either.how about hundreds of passes and 26k and it never made under 84lb/min;)

Glad you brought that up...I was discussing cranks with a builder on here and he said the stock crank has made 900 fwhp:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:.
Was always afraid to repeat that because it sounded sooo outrageous.
Evidently it stayed together but I bet it murdered the bearings.

This block was making 580rwhp on a stock crank and rods . what was going on was the crank was flexing all over the place and the weakest link failed . I’m sure your real knowledgeable on these motors and know that there is only so much that a stock rotating assembly with 2 center caps can take and I would say it was right at the limit .
Not trying to beat you up at all and that's good power on the stock stuff.but I had no issues with a 109 that I race all the time and drive all the time up to 84lb/min and I have made 90+lb/min on the same motor and have run into issues recently and they are not anything that is discussed so far.motor had a custom cam,2 steel mains, Pistons,rods,and a stock crank.

Glad you brought that up...I was discussing cranks with a builder on here and he said the stock crank has made 900 fwhp:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:.
Was always afraid to repeat that because it sounded sooo outrageous.
Evidently it stayed together but I bet it murdered the bearings.
I made 90+lb/min and went over 117mph in the 1/8.after 6 years I bet no one can guess what issues I ran into but I will give you a guess it's not the crank;)

90+lb/min on the same motor and have run into issues recently and they are not anything that is discussed so far.motor had a custom cam,2 steel mains, Pistons,rods,and a stock crank.

Are you seeing the typical diagonal wear pattern on the mains?

Problem with a lot of guys on here now is just that they only read.with the right builder and tuner you can make a lot of power and get a lot of time on the 109 stuff.
Problem with a lot of guys on here now is just that they only read.with the right builder and tuner you can make a lot of power and get a lot of time on the 109 stuff.
What I mean about finding some good reading is to me it's entertaining reading people's comments.

Ernie GN has it down.. Just buy parts that say "750 hp" on them, and all will be ok.....o_O
One of the best in the biz, Jim Ruggles, told me when he built my first 109, " look for 600 at the crank...for a while". Then, expect to join the DOTC club.:arghh:
The guy that started this thread asked a simple question what parts to use for 750 horsepower capable.
That's it nothing more.

Leaning out and only 17 pounds are both indicators that the motor is working very efficiently. Lots of room there and soon we will know how good of a builder you are;)
I'm happy with those numbers with the boost turned down . I now have the second pump hooked up and it is holding 10.9-11.0 A/F . I don't know if I'm going to go back to the dyno to continue tuning it . I'm just a garage builder that has read way to many posts on this website and have taken some of the info and ran with it .

Not trying to beat you up at all and that's good power on the stock stuff.but I had no issues with a 109 that I race all the time and drive all the time up to 84lb/min and I have made 90+lb/min on the same motor and have run into issues recently and they are not anything that is discussed so far.motor had a custom cam,2 steel mains, Pistons,rods,and a stock crank.

is there a formula to calculate the mass flow rate of air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk