750hp recipe

a quick google search didn't show an equation, do you mind sharing it? thank you.

Giancarlo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just playing with you;)mass flow is the mass of air that goes through the motor and compressor and it can be measured.if you understand speed density or fuel usage or intake air temp look closely at your xfi

Mosey over to Speedtalk.com, Advanced forum. There'll be enough theories discussed, to use up many hours of your time.
You have to register, but it's worth the effort!
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=0a069a279939e29d0ffc9c571e448003

I'm just playing with you;)mass flow is the mass of air that goes through the motor and compressor and it can be measured.if you understand speed density or fuel usage or intake air temp look closely at your xfi

ill check it out tonight Chuck, thank you both! Can't wait to figure out numbers for my combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to beat you up at all and that's good power on the stock stuff.but I had no issues with a 109 that I race all the time and drive all the time up to 84lb/min and I have made 90+lb/min on the same motor and have run into issues recently and they are not anything that is discussed so far.motor had a custom cam,2 steel mains, Pistons,rods,and a stock crank.

Wish I had known this a few years ago, it would have saved me from spending more the $20k on a TA motor....

Wish I had known this a few years ago, it would have saved me from spending more the $20k on a TA motor....
Maybe you should have tried to make the power and do the r&d time yourself.then perhaps you wouldn't feel the need to quote me and tell me how much money you spent on a ta motor and still went slow;)

Don't feel bad .. to pull off 850 + hp and a stock shortblock and have it live for a long time is a complete anomaly .. I would call it "THE ONE"

IF we backed that down to 600 hp .. I'd say OK that might take it for a while ..

Would I trust a stock cast crank, stock bottom end @ 750hp ... not for any extended period of time or any heavy use . It doesn't matter how good your are with the tune .. some components fail at that level. Not all parts are the same.

Ive gone through this round and round with a different application .. some take it ( a FEW ) most don't . There just comes a point that you have to look at what your trying to do and how often and make an educated decision ... if you want to make big power just a few times or to run "THE NUMBER" I can see it , otherwise NO DEAL

Maybe you should have tried to make the power and do the r&d time yourself.then perhaps you wouldn't feel the need to quote me and tell me how much money you spent on a ta motor and still went slow;)

Hahaha.....good stuff! Haven't ran it yet, and I can assure when I do, it won't be slow......and it won't be unreliable.....but it will run in the 8's.....repeatedly!;)

Don't feel bad .. to pull off 850 + hp and a stock shortblock and have it live for a long time is a complete anomaly .. I would call it "THE ONE"

IF we backed that down to 600 hp .. I'd say OK that might take it for a while ..

Would I trust a stock cast crank, stock bottom end @ 750hp ... not for any extended period of time or any heavy use . It doesn't matter how good your are with the tune .. some components fail at that level. Not all parts are the same.

Ive gone through this round and round with a different application .. some take it ( a FEW ) most don't . There just comes a point that you have to look at what your trying to do and how often and make an educated decision ... if you want to make big power just a few times or to run "THE NUMBER" I can see it , otherwise NO DEAL
The one here:Dtrust me I look hard at the time I get on my stuff because I use it a lot and if I had no realistic time with hits I would take a more common sense approach and upgrade based off what is breaking for sure.

looking to build a 750hp GN but need some guidance on parts to use and parts to stay away from. all advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks Scott.
This thread was very entertaining, informative and wealth full of Buick knowledge, if that is at all possible in 1 thread:). One thing for sure, I don't think the member that started this thread is interested in none of it.
20180105_150557.jpg

Sorta like misinformation by those who don't know how to go fast,haven't gone fast,or are scared to run more than 20psi on their forged stroker/aluminum headed combo,but like telling everyone how long their stuff should last;)

Well, I finally just popped a head gasket last weekend in my 10.4**, 130mph plus, forged stroker/cast iron head combo engine after 7 1/2 years of beating on it, so I think Lou Czarnota, the guy that built this one, did pretty good. Thanks Lou!

The next iteration he puts together for me will be even better.......

Have a good weekend!:D

Well, I finally just popped a head gasket last weekend in my 10.4**, 130mph plus, forged stroker/cast iron head combo engine after 7 1/2 years of beating on it, so I think Lou Czarnota, the guy that built this one, did pretty good. Thanks Lou!

The next iteration he puts together for me will be even better.......

Have a good weekend!:D

Nice
I'm building a stroker
What boost were you at on your runs

I like that mph

Last edited:
I was curious as well. What boost but also what turbo are you running TurboTGuy? One other question; what type of fuel?

Mario R....

I was curious as well. What boost but also what turbo are you running TurboTGuy? One other question; what type of fuel?

Mario R....

Check out this GN.
Love it
Watch the launch, it's soft.
11.3 @ 126 mph
That mph is a 10 second run on a hard launch/ low 60 ft

That's what I'm after
I've talked to a few performance shops about the goal.
Every body seems to say about the same.
3.625 stroker
Good aluminum heads
6262 turbo or 6266 turbocharger
Good intercooler
On 93 octane only
Low boost 18