79,000 original miles 1987 Buick Regal Limited T-Type

I know this car has been for sale for awhile, but it sure should bring more than $8k. It depends on what the buyer is looking for. If they are looking for a fast Limited, then they would need to consider the cost of the needed upgrades. If the buyer prefers a stock car, then they are usually looking for a pristine 20k mile untouched cream puff, so maybe this one is slipping through the cracks.

I guess the gist of my sentiment, was this : Don't advertise that you are hard up when selling a car, it's pure vulture bait, and an open invitation for lo-ball offers of half of what the car should bring. I know it takes brass balls to turn down a low offer when you need cash, but it only sets a bad precedence, and USUALLY the guy end up not having the money anyway. Just my $.02 Sorry if I placed an inappropriate thread.

Just my $.02 Sorry if I placed an inappropriate thread.

no you didn't.. just gave your opinion like eveyone else!! nothing wrong with that. I am surprised myself it isn't gone. There are a lot of deals out there right now BUT people still are not spending $$$$ !!

I know this car has been for sale for awhile, but it sure should bring more than $8k. It depends on what the buyer is looking for. If they are looking for a fast Limited, then they would need to consider the cost of the needed upgrades. If the buyer prefers a stock car, then they are usually looking for a pristine 20k mile untouched cream puff, so maybe this one is slipping through the cracks.

I guess the gist of my sentiment, was this : Don't advertise that you are hard up when selling a car, it's pure vulture bait, and an open invitation for lo-ball offers of half of what the car should bring. I know it takes brass balls to turn down a low offer when you need cash, but it only sets a bad precedence, and USUALLY the guy end up not having the money anyway. Just my $.02 Sorry if I placed an inappropriate thread.

Now there is blood in the water.

up on ebay.....

I have been getting too many uber-lowball offers, so, hopefully someone with $10,000+ will buy it....

Yes, I have done all this, and all I keep hearing is " I wish you would sell that old car!"

I had some plans for it and I had even saved up some stuff and bought some nice parts to install, but, when I found out how my wife felt about it, I sold off all the stuff and I consoled myself about losing the car.....

Yes, I am very sad to sell it, No, I don't "have" to sell it for pure financial reasons, but, I would like to have some more built up in savings.....

Another real problem is storage.... keeping mice and rats and critters out of it and keeping it from rotting is a difficult thing to do..... and it will be expensive to store it, and believe me, adding an expense along with keeping this car is not something I am looking forward to hearing about from YOU KNOW WHO....

SELL the WIFE you only get one TR passed down from Grandma, you can find a better wife who will understand the sentimental value of grandmas car.

SELL the WIFE you only get one TR passed down from Grandma, you can find a better wife who will understand the sentimental value of grandmas car.

well, my wife has had a little bit of a change of heart towards the car, and she doesn't want me to sell it for chump change and low ball offers, now that she nows the sentimental value and the real value of it....

so, I guess I will keep her..... the wife, that is...:D

well, my wife has had a little bit of a change of heart towards the car, and she doesn't want me to sell it for chump change and low ball offers, now that she nows the sentimental value and the real value of it....

so, I guess I will keep her..... the wife, that is...:D

They keep better in the freezer.;) :eek:

I'd keep that car and sell something else if you can if you need $. You may regret selling it down the road with it being in ownership of your grandmother. Maybe this is age talking here but it is yours to do how you want. Best of luck regardless! :cool: