You can type here any text you want

79 sport coupe find

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNcarbturbo

What's Fuel Injection?
Found a 79 regal sport coupe sitting 35 minutes away from me. Interior is trash, glass is out, rough body, but the engine is 100% complete. Turbo, carb, manifolds, PEVR in unknown condition, and even has a turbo control box. Id be all over the distributor and box if I didnt have a MSD box, or if it was an 83 stuff to build my knock sensor.

Anybody really want the stuff? Guy wants $600 for the whole car and $250 just for the hood if he seperates it. The header is nice but thats the only nice exterior parts. Badges except sport coupe has fallen off.

Guy had 10 3rd gens, 5 4th gens, 15+ 2nd gen F bodies. Went for a firebird spoiler but he sold all of them. Had a decent turbo daytona, TTA 4.9 hood, and like 10 Fox bodies. Really a good place if you werent into only G bodies. SS impala, ect. Bunch of rarer stuff. Could go on how much cool stuff was there.

I'd love to have the turbo control center, distributor, and carb if they're resonable.

if the pevr valve is good i will take it. if charlie doen't take the turbo controler i will take it.

I was going to use the PEVR and maybe the carb. Dont know if the PEVR is all crusty inside like mine was or not. Cars been sitting since 93. It ran when it was parked though. Kinda a private yard and the hood hasnt been opened in a year and a half.

What are those ESC boxes and distributors worth? Guy doesnt know what he wants for the turbo stuff and it will never get sold unless I get the stuff.

The ESC is used and in unknown condition so I'd say around $50? As far as the distributor, I'd say about the same. I got a rebuilt one with a warrenty for just over $100 last year.

what does the turbo controler box usally go for? i just thought of another item i need the bonnet that goes on top of the carb.

Sounds like the esc box is becoming a hot item nowadays. AJ and Charlie, you guys are building some bad ass carb turbo setups. Why so much interest in the esc box when they are so slow at retarding timing? Why not spend a little more and go with an msd controller?

Sounds like the esc box is becoming a hot item nowadays. AJ and Charlie, you guys are building some bad ass carb turbo setups. Why so much interest in the esc box when they are so slow at retarding timing? Why not spend a little more and go with an msd controller?

I just need a box to copy........ I already have an MSD unit... but that doesnt protect aganst knock... Knock for me doesnt happen as fast as I thought... my full power passes are not the issue.... its the 10 mile grade i climb to and from work everyday that brings out the knock. with the steep hill to climb and 110* ambient temps... my air charge literally overheats the minute it leaves the compressor.

But I need to see what is inside the box.... I have yet to get someone to even give me a broken one so I can copy the circuits.... and hopefully offer a re-popped non buick version that will be cheap to produce and we can all have. Ive been after a bad box for 3 years now.... and the only 2 I have gotten were both good.... I dont have the heart to pull apart a good one... but a third... well... F uck it. I mean, I may work roadside weapons for a paycheck but I am electronics by trade... I know I can make one.

A.j.

I just need a box to copy........ I already have an MSD unit... but that doesnt protect aganst knock... Knock for me doesnt happen as fast as I thought... my full power passes are not the issue.... its the 10 mile grade i climb to and from work everyday that brings out the knock. with the steep hill to climb and 110* ambient temps... my air charge literally overheats the minute it leaves the compressor.

But I need to see what is inside the box.... I have yet to get someone to even give me a broken one so I can copy the circuits.... and hopefully offer a re-popped non buick version that will be cheap to produce and we can all have. Ive been after a bad box for 3 years now.... and the only 2 I have gotten were both good.... I dont have the heart to pull apart a good one... but a third... well... F uck it. I mean, I may work roadside weapons for a paycheck but I am electronics by trade... I know I can make one.

A.j.

if i had a esc box i would give it to you. i really like the idea your going for. if you make one. i would like to place a order for your 2nd.:biggrin:

There was a guy on here that tore one apart and did something to speed up the timing retard so it reacts before the engine even started to knock, something like that. I read about it a LONG time ago. I'm sure you've already have seen the page. I think he had a lesabre sport coupe he did it on.

As a matter of fact, I havent seen that Jessie..... I would love too if you can point me in that direction!

I see the biggest issue over all with the ESC box, is not the box... but the stupid 5 pin module...... however, if you could use the ouput of the ESC box to tap into an exsisting MSD BTM6 ..... you could retard the ignition the very same way boost pressure does.... which could mean an adjustable 15* of retard based on knock.

And Mat... hell you all are gonna get the first prototypes........ i do need guinea pigs....:biggrin:

A.j.

Here's the website. I could be wrong about the information from it. For some reason the pics look familiar but I thought I read this stuff on the board. Anyhoo, petesbuick.html

As a matter of fact, I havent seen that Jessie..... I would love too if you can point me in that direction!

I see the biggest issue over all with the ESC box, is not the box... but the stupid 5 pin module...... however, if you could use the ouput of the ESC box to tap into an exsisting MSD BTM6 ..... you could retard the ignition the very same way boost pressure does.... which could mean an adjustable 15* of retard based on knock.

And Mat... hell you all are gonna get the first prototypes........ i do need guinea pigs....:biggrin:

A.j.

sounds good

It would be cool to have some sort of "on the fly" adjustable timing with the carb turbos, ecm equipped or not. Just think, you could turn the timing down low just like the TT chips are for stockers, then when you get boost maxed out you could start bumping up timing. I myself think there's got to be about 17-18 lbs of good boost available on the stock drawthru turbos with alky injection and low timing. Like I've said before, I see no reason why these cars shouldn't be able to run mid 12s with some porting and exhaust mods and an early style turbo. Can't wait to start on my buddy's car

As far as that site goes, I don't think there's a whole lot of useable information there.

Yeah it looks like Ill go out and get the stuff. AJ's first inline for the dizzy and ESC box. Gotta call the guy and see if he will sell it to me.

Yeah it looks like Ill go out and get the stuff. AJ's first inline for the dizzy and ESC box. Gotta call the guy and see if he will sell it to me.
soon we will have the answer that we all need a esc box. I cant stop saying this but AJ your the man I really hope you can get us another option on the esc box.
now all we need is charlie to figure out the pevr and we will be all set.

Back