You can type here any text you want

7's on DR's have been had!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KEVINS

I just read that Big D went 7.92@178 on DR's! He has more runs comming so let's hope he keeps it between the gaurd rails!

Huge Congrats Dwayne!
ks
:cool:

From what I gather he was going to stick with the BFG for a LONG time b/c of the support they have given him and the DR racers/classes..

ks

Originally posted by KEVINS
From what I gather he was going to stick with the BFG for a LONG time b/c of the support they have given him and the DR racers/classes..

ks

Yeah I heard that some of the Mustang DR racers are also trying to ban the new M/T DRs from being used in the DR classes cause they say it hooks too much like a slick.....

Oh well 7's on DRs is awesome and I'm sure there will be more guys to follow him in the 7's (Mike Dees comes to mind):) ;)

$200k?

Originally posted by strikeeagle
All for the sake of saying you did it on a DOT tire. Yeah, in a $200,000 Mustang...

:D

Where did you get that figure from? I (recently) discovered that he is running an Eagle crank ($600.00), Eagle H-Beam rods ($400.00) and a racing-heavy duty block (either the R-302 or A-4) which is generally around $1600. As you may know, those cranks and rods are made in China. His heads and intake aren't even professionally hand-ported. They are extrude honed, which is generally smaller, and cheaper than custom porting by the premier head porters. Extrude Hone did them for him for free years ago, probably as somewhat of an advertising gambit. Here's the kicker; he has been using the same set of rods and crank since 1999. His tune-up is dead nuts on. Not quite a high dollar spender there, huh? And factory-style rear control arms, only upgraded to Wolfe Racecraft. That means, all factory connecting points and locations. No ladder bars, no 4-link, no wheel tubs. Up front, he also runs factory style strut/spring set-up, as opposed to coil-overs. In fact, I'll bet you he has one of the least expensive cars in any class in the 7's, 8's and probably some in the 9's.

Probably more like, he has 200,000 passes under his belt, and that's why he's tweaked his combo to the point of running what it does....

So, Strikeeagle, how does it go....?

Buick Racing Block: $3500
Buick Steel Crank: $1700
Decent Buick Rods: $900
Two cylinders short: Priceless;)

Okay, I can feel the floodgates are now open :)

Hey there buddy I have only (23,700 ) dollars in my 2 short of 8....

As bad as NJ is? Where do you work?

200,000 ha ha some people are jus blind

Ive heard elsewhere about the chinese forgings in his motor. His car is all around impressive!

One of Dwayne's buddies was over my house on Sat. night giving me a hand with the 'Stang.
When I talk to him next time, I'll ask him about Dwayne's motor.
S.

my .02

In all fairness, I think what you hear this mustang has, and what it really has, may be two totally different things. Regardless, 200k sounds like a high number. I would believe 100k total investment though. If you consider the chassis tuning along with engine management tuning, along with the variety of turbo's this car has been swapped on and off it, 100k could be spent pretty easily.

Everything aside, runing 7's on a drag radial is a sick accomplishment.

BD's car is not high $$ and you would know this if yoiu saw it. I think he has a ton of time "generally" on the same combo and whoever is tuning the engine management KNOWS what needs to be done. IMO, he hasn't done much of any suspension tuning (he also runs a torque arm along with the factory style control arms) and controls the traction with the engine programming. This is why is 60's are all over the place. Everytime he gets a great 60' (1.3x) then the tires are over powered. His "complete" runs only have 1.5 60' times including (I believe) the 7 second run. These poor/inconsistant 60's may hurt him this year.

ks:)

Re: my .02

Originally posted by blackshoebox
In all fairness, I think what you hear this mustang has, and what it really has, may be two totally different things. Regardless, 200k sounds like a high number. I would believe 100k total investment though. If you consider the chassis tuning along with engine management tuning, along with the variety of turbo's this car has been swapped on and off it, 100k could be spent pretty easily.

Alex, in isn't hearsay. The car is suprisingly running on many "stock" type set-ups. However, by adding up every part "ever" put on and taken back off along the way, is not what the present combination is worth. That would be like taking anybody's car (including yours) and adding up tires, spark plugs, oil changes, filters, etc and including that in the price of the current build-up. I would venture to say his car could be copied for way under $50k. I just wanted to set Mr. Jealous a few posts back straight, cause $200k was a ridiculous statement.

For anybody that wanted to get into the DR class, Mike Dees was going to sell his brand new "Outlaw" Drag Radial Mustang that Spence Hart and Rhodes Custom Auto built (which had gone 8.2 on DR's after only 20 or so runs) for $50K-$55K... Mike couldn't sell it so he decided to keep it and rebuilt it to meet class regulations so now he's going class racing in the FFW DR class and is now testing the new combo.. I know he was going to lose some $$ but I think he told me he only had around $70K in it.

ks:cool:

Originally posted by KEVINS
For anybody that wanted to get into the DR class, Mike Dees was going to sell his brand new "Outlaw" Drag Radial Mustang that Spence Hart and Rhodes Custom Auto built (which had gone 8.2 on DR's after only 20 or so runs) for $50K-$55K... Mike couldn't sell it so he decided to keep it and rebuilt it to meet class regulations so now he's going class racing in the FFW DR class and is now testing the new combo.. I know he was going to lose some $$ but I think he told me he only had around $70K in it.

ks:cool:

That's a sweeeet car........

Originally posted by stroked347
As bad as NJ is? Where do you work?

200,000 ha ha some people are jus blind

Ive heard elsewhere about the chinese forgings in his motor. His car is all around impressive!

I spent 27 or so years in Communist NJ and finally got out. Born and raised there. I got tired of the taxes, high insurance and draconian gun laws.

Never to return...

Back