You can type here any text you want

7's on DR's have been had!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Mr. Jealous?

You could buy a nice house for what it takes to make a car go 7's. I'm real jealous...

:D :D :D

It's interesting you guys should bring up NY and drag radial racing...... There is a guy by the name of Mike Fell (Bigm257 on here) from NY that is building his GN for the drag radial class at the World Street Nationals in Orlando..... Kenny Duttweiler was building his S2 motor with S2 heads, a single 96mm turbo, custom 321 SS headers, Hogan Intake, 110mm TB, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned going with a DFI Gen7 or John Meaney's new EFI system (Big Stuff III).... He was talking 1400hp at the flywheel ('bout 1300 at the rear wheels) all on BFG 315/60 DRs.... Guess we'll see if a 3400lb V6 can hang with the Mustang boys:cool:

He was talking 1400hp at the flywheel ('bout 1300 at the rear wheels) all on BFG 315/60 DRs.... Guess we'll see if a 3400lb V6 can hang with the Mustang boys

thats all fine and dandy....but will the car get down the track and run a #? Sounds so simple ehh? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by stroked347
thats all fine and dandy....but will the car get down the track and run a #? Sounds so simple ehh? :rolleyes:

Dumbass, that's why I said "we'll see"..... I never said it was simple or made it sound simple..... I just stated the guy was building a GN to run the drag radial class at Orlando and stated his combo and HP #'s he was shooting for..... I'm sure it will eventually get down the track and run a #, however, I'm not sure what that # will be....

Take your attitude back to corral! :rolleyes:

Hey Kev just to clarify Mike had the car sold for 55k.He turned it down after getting cold feet.The buyer didn't back out..Mike was the one who chose not to sell.

Also Spence and Rhodes Custom Auto are resposible for all the chassis set up and have done an excellent job.The car is on a string going down the track every time.It was Randy at the Race Car Factory however who actually built the 25.1 chassis,and did most of the fab work.There were alot of hands in Mike's project between Dale at ProPower Parts,Cal Hartline,Spence,Ronnie Crawford,Myself,and yourself included.So I'm not sure it is quite fair to compare the two.Mike had alot of help to get his car done for the amount spent,and it turned out awesome with everyone's help.I don't know that we could actually duplicate the car for the same amount either.

I do know this by the time you get done with the ,enclosed trailer,generator,drums of fuel,mountains of ice,golf cart,and all the other odds and ends of an operation of a car this caliber it amounts to around a 100k just to get going.I'm sure BD has around 200k is his car.It wouldn't surprise me at all.Factor in parts breakage and part changes and you really don't even want to know how much is actually being spent..it would scare you into getting out!!!

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to clarify some stuff....

$50-$70k buys a nice house??

Greg, how are you contributing to this board with quotes like this?

The quote was
You could buy a nice house for what it takes to make a car go 7's

The quote was not, you could buy a house for $50-$70K.

AND, even if it was an in-direct quote such as:

"I heard it cost $50-70K to get a car in the 7's", I could buy a house for that".

It is more of an expression then a stated fact.

Maybe not in south florida, california or new york but you can buy a decent house for $70K in the carolinas or virginas, etc.

Sorry Brian! I had no information of the other people involved so my appologies to the rest of the "crew" so I greatly appriciate the correction! They DIFINITELY deserve the recognition for helping with the car!!!

ks;)

The rest of you guys: KNOCK IT OFF OR I'LL DELETE THIS THREAD MYSELF!!!:mad:

I don't want to hear any explanation, just keep it on subject. Thanks.

Regards
ks
:cool:

And this is acceptable?

No and he has been notified. However, it would have never started, if you would have not instigated it.

Its a simple concept. If you don't have nothing nice to say, do not say it at all.

:)

Kevins, you have a PM.

below is fine example of how you exercise your rules

you seem very biased towards certain members...eh?

Different thread, different situation.

Let's stay on topic.

If you want to discuss this further, please email me.

Back