You can type here any text you want

'81 4.1 distributor probs.

• Thread starter Thread starter Baron
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

Baron

Well, as much as I wish I had a GN, I'm driving an '81 LeSabre while my Jetta is in the shop (a guy on the boards directed me this way via a post he had up about the kid scamming ppl, 27 pages!)... Anyway, here is the problem (AMONG MANY): I was doing some work under hood (replacing a thermostat) and pulled the wires on the distributor cap thinking that I would remember just where they went, but of course I didn't. So now, I don't have a clue where to put them, how to figure it out, etc. and haven't had any luck looking on the net. If anyone had a diagram, or could tell me, give me advice, etc. that would be great!

If the wireing is all stock . The connector(s) should be keyed so they can only plug in one way.

If it is a coil in cap distribitor , the 3 plug wire goes to the back with the red wire on the same side marked Battery , There should also be a Heavy Pink wire that should be the swicthed 12 volt wire , that should plug into the post marked BAT.

Again these should be keyed so the only plug in one way.

Hope this helps

I your talking about the spark plug wires, try this. Just right of the tach connector is #2. Then clockwise; 1,6,5,4,3.

The cylinders are number 1,3,5 drivers side, front to back. 2,4,6 passneger side, front to back.

haha, yep, those are the wires. i'm heading outside right now (in the blazing heat, blah) to give it a go... Thanks!

Back