You can type here any text you want

'81 Pace car on ebay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That's also a festival car. That spoiler looks like a Kirban repro without the caps. That car looks familiar. I posted a link last year on a festival car when it was for sale down here in FL. I'll have to dig it up. I hope it isn't the same car. It would be great to know that there are 2 81 Indy festival cars that survived.

Pretty Nice condition. Didn't the original have a non fuelie turbo?

It is the same car. Somebody is smoking some good stuff. Last year when it was on eBay it had a BIN of $12K. You'd have to be crazy to BIN at $23K! Here are a couple of pics I saved.Notice the VIN on the door tag. They did do some detailing on the paint I see. Now if they would only get rid of that wacky ram air!

Attachments

• 81 Pace Car-3.jpg
    81 Pace Car-3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 81 Pace Car-4.jpg
    81 Pace Car-4.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 236
That's also a festival car. That spoiler looks like a Kirban repro without the caps. That car looks familiar. I posted a link last year on a festival car when it was for sale down here in FL. I'll have to dig it up. I hope it isn't the same car. It would be great to know that there are 2 81 Indy festival cars that survived.

OK, stupid question:

What's a "festival" car?

I know nothing of "before black" cars, except there were a lot of them I really like, even though they were dogs (as built). My favorites were the late 70's turbo coupes!! Can't find any decent ones, and when you can they're over priced.

Good eye Eric!

Looks like the current seller fixed the exhaust too. It now resembles the stock turbo bend instead of the straight pipes, although the N/A 231 was a single exhaust car.

The paperwork and memorabilia is all there. He even has the "Space suit" pace car jacket.:p

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think that car would look sweet with a set of Gold GTA rims.:eek:

Here is a pic of the decal that indicates this is a Festival car.

Attachments

• 81 Festival Car-1.jpg
    81 Festival Car-1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 197
Well guys I have two of these cars number11 and car27 that has only 18000 miles on it! The car number11 is a parade car sold to me by my dad at the buick dealership!I know that these cars don't have the value the gn but this was a start of the performance of the buick performance of things to come from buick! We will bring the #27 car to bg this year see you guys there! Mike

Wow very nice find. Not worth 23k in my book, but I gotta agree with troGNman too on the gold GTA wheels!

Back