86 GN 21k original miles, T-tops, orig. tires

dhauser

The end is fear
This is an unmodified, gorgeous, straight no rust GN with original tires, intercooler screen, etc etc. No mods except for KN oil bypass filter. Exceptionally clean and tight car. No dents, dings, scratches, or rust. Runs exceptionally well, with no header leak or mechanical issues. Only non-
working item is the cruise, and it works when it wants to....Interior is mint, down to factory GM floormats.

$21,500 firm.

I'm building the ad for ebay. If it hits ebay, this offer expires and price will go up.

Go see what other guys are asking for all original, unmodified, 20k mile GNs. This car won't have any trouble getting this on ebay. You can save at least $1000 over what it will cost if I have to finish the ad and fiddle with the auction stuff....

I'm surprised at the lack of interest here. I don't think the price is out of line for the low miles and outstanding condition of this car. Perhaps some pictures will help.

Attachments

• drdoor1.jpg
    drdoor1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 989
  • eng4.jpg
    eng4.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 982
  • int10.jpg
    int10.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 977
  • drqtr2.jpg
    drqtr2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 970
  • whole17.jpg
    whole17.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 969
And a few more. This car is one of the cleanest you will ever find.

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 959
  • chassis1.jpg
    chassis1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 954
  • eng2.jpg
    eng2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 944
  • int3.jpg
    int3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 934
  • trunk1.jpg
    trunk1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 931
Nice!

Doug,

Looks like yet ANOTHER Winner, on Ebay this is a $28,000 ALL DAY!! Some of the new guys may not realize either that Doug has been selling Buicks (and other NICE cars) on this board for years, and has a LOT of Very Satisfied customers...

Thanks for the props, my man. I make sure any of the buicks I have are "TB.com" approved as far as quality goes.....hehe.

Ttt

Doug,

Looks like yet ANOTHER Winner, on Ebay this is a $28,000 ALL DAY!! Some of the new guys may not realize either that Doug has been selling Buicks (and other NICE cars) on this board for years, and has a LOT of Very Satisfied customers...

Yes, its true about satisfied customers. I chuckle at the time I drove a TR to KC and sold it for cash....Then took the cash and gave it to Doug. Still owing him $10,000, I reached in my pocket for the cahsier's check and it was NOT THERE! It was home in the clothes I'd changed before I left Colorado. Doug was cool. :) And that TTA is still in my dreams (sold it three years later).

Super nice ride!! That's a very good price on that car, although I could do without the pinstripes. I'm going to go pick up my lottery ticket here shortly...:cool:

Gotta agree with Dewey...

the pinstripes tend to put off some of the more 'fanatical' TR folks...

and they are usually the ones w/21K to toss around :D

I agree....be rid of the pinstripe and turn the white letters in and it'll have a better chance.
One more years worth of payments on the plane and after it's paid off, I hope to get another GN.....one like this for $21k is exactly what I will be looking for.

Thanks for the input, guys. Well, the pinstripe is easily removed, and if someone wants it gone, I'll take it off. I didn't put it on there, and it actually looks awesome in person. If it were me, even if I didn't think I liked it in the pics, I'd wait to see it in person and then remove it once I've confirmed I don't like it.

But seriously, if that is the only thing keeping someone from buying a car like this, then I'm not so sure I even want that person as a customer. No 20 year old car is going to be precisely like someone wants it to be unless they ordered it new themselves. A pinstripe is such a minor thing that if that really turns someone off the car entirely, they'd be better off moving right along anyway.

Last chance on this car, folks. Planning an ebay launch tonight, and then the price goes up to stay.

I agree....be rid of the pinstripe and turn the white letters in and it'll have a better chance.

I agree with the pinstripe thing, the tires don't really matter to me, but what's up with the tailpipes? They need to be cut off on the ends like they were originally or at least cut off a bit. Still a minor detail though, but details are everything when it comes to selling a car. If you did those things, the car would surely bring 22-25K easy.

The outlined white letter Goodyear Eagle GT's could be had as an option. Not all Grand Nationals or T's had blackwalls. I have had a couple that were listed on the window sticker with the Raised White Letter option. The option code is "QYH" It was a $92 option in 1986 and a $102 option in 1987.

And why do I retain this? I can not even remember what my wife just asked me to do minutes ago!:D

Is anyone paying attention to how nice this car is? Holy moly, I cannot believe a friggin' pinstripe is keeping this car at $12k bid.....Guess I'll remove the pinstripe and raise the price....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is anyone paying attention to how nice this car is? Holy moly, I cannot believe a friggin' pinstripe is keeping this car at $12k bid.....Guess I'll remove the pinstripe and raise the price....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't think it's the pinstripe that's holding it back.........., but more of a combination which mostly revolves around the tailpipes...not so nice guns! tires are fine WOL or not it doesn't matter. these cars look good either way. Also I do see some orange peel in the photos, don't know if it is just an illusion or reality........remember detail is everything, so cross your t's and dot you i's. DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS

Perhaps it's also a bit of unrealistic expectations by would-be buyers. It's a repaint, and a damn fine one that looks 10X better than it ever was new. Is it perfect? No. Are any of these cars perfect? Absolutely not. It's not like I'm asking $30k for the car like some others currently are on ebay who's cars aren't even half as nice as this one. I offered it here for a very reasonable price and not even a single serious inquiry. My cars are detailed to the max and I can guarantee there aren't any nicer 20k mile GNs for sale out there.

Guess I can hunt down some correct tail pipes....and then raise the price approrpriately. I was just trying to offer a super nice car with uber low miles for a reasonable price, but if all the serious buyers want the car "just so"....I can do that. It just won't be priced where it is anymore.

No biggie. I'll just rotate it back into the inventory for awhile and bring it back when they've gone up another 5% in 6 months....

WTB: set of correct GN tailpipes to go onto mint 86 GN

Sheesh, now I'm sorry I mentioned it. It's just personal preference thing. I think it's a fine car. But when I look at the pics that stripe is the first thing I noticed. Not a bad thing, just a bit unexpected when you look at a GN and know you're looking at. Like you say, when someone comes to buy in person they may like it. :cool:

Not a bad price, nice car! the car market is taking a dive just as the housing market. People are not paying millions for an original car as they have in the past 2 years. It seems the modified cars are becoming more popular. I think thats a fare price for the car. The pinstripe is ugly but that can easily be removed. Good luck with the sale! ------Jeremy

Not a bad price, nice car! the car market is taking a dive just as the housing market. People are not paying millions for an original car as they have in the past 2 years. It seems the modified cars are becoming more popular. I think thats a fare price for the car. The pinstripe is ugly but that can easily be removed. Good luck with the sale! ------Jeremy

FWIW, I just sold my house and other GN the same day I put them up for sale. And no, I didn't give them away. Detailed them both out very nicely though. DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS. Take the stripe off, change out the tailpipes, zaino the car, take some more pics and you'll see 22-25K for the car. The only other thing that is hurting it is that it's an 86, and we all know eventhough they made quite a few less of them than the 87s, and the performance difference is not noticeable, the 87 is and will always be the more popular one. While the car mkt and housing mkt are both in a slump overall, the GN mkt is very strong! Modified cars may be popular now, but that won't be where the value will be in the future. It may just be me, but I don't won't to buy something that has been abused. IMHO appearance and presentation are everything when it comes to selling anything no matter what the market is.