87 GN Drag Radial Build

turbobuick

Staff member
Well, its been sometime since I have posted here. I almost can't believe it but the chassis guy building my car is actually just about done. Its been 5 years in the making and other than pedals, trunk tin work and a few other misc small items the chassis fab work is finished! I actually have a complete car!!

Last on his list is hot and cold side plumbing for the turbo and IC.

He is starting the headers next and hoping will have it done sooner than another 5 years lol! After headers its home for a mock assembly then off to the body shop for final paint and body. Once paint work is finished the body will be removed one last time and the entire chassis sent to be blasted and powedercoated. Then home for final assembly. The car was built so the front clip and body are removable. Once the final assembly is done the body will be semi-permanent while the front clip will still be removable for service and engine work. The floor pan was fixed to the chassis and the body was cut firewall to tailight panel so that it can be removable. All welds on the cage are 360* The car will still retain the factory floor pan, frame, stock location suspension, body and most of the interior including the dash door panels etc. Chassis was certified to 6.50 adn 25.3 spec.

No real progress yet other than it has moved from the chassis shop to the body shop where it has grown a nice coat of dust.

I should have some time soon to get up there and get the project moving again.

I need it sold or finished by spring so I hope to get some updates posted over the winter.