9-sec capable 87 GN For Sale SE PA

yullose

Certified Gun Nut
Just testing the waters here...
Selling this car is one of the last things I want to do, but I've been presented with a golden business opportunity and just can't pass it up. I may be able to get by without selling the car, but the funds from selling the car would almost guarantee business success.
Miles are original and 66,000 or so. (haven't looked at it lately)
The list of mods is a mile long and will take me awhile to compile... So for now, I will list what I think it NEEDS to be 100%.

First... Paint. The 23yr old paint looks like a$$. The car has no dents and no rust.

Second... Headliner. It's gone... as in "removed and trashed".

Third... Spool and axles to handle transbrake & dragstrip abuse. The car currently has a fresh posi in it with under 2000 miles on it... and a brand new set of Moser C-clip axles. The car should be pretty capable of making regular 9-sec runs... so it really should have upgrades done to the rear. (along with a roll bar/cage)
If the car it left on the street, it will never be an issue... as all it will do is smoke the tires.

Most of the big mods are listed in my sig... I will work on a detailed list over the next couple days.

I bought this car from Jbenn911 a year ago and paid $8000 cash for it. I've since put EASILY another $8000 into it... with a brand new set of TA heads, Champion race intake, Dusty spec'd 9.5" converter, brand new TH400 w/brake, Dynotech aluminum driveshaft, A1000 fuel pump, all new fuel system, alum fuel cell, nitrous system, etc...

Bottom line is, I've got a TON of time and money into the car and I know I will lose my ass by selling it... but the earning potential of this new business is just too big to ignore. If all works out, I will be able to buy the car back, along with several others in a couple years. :D

Anyway... to get to the point... I think it will take $12k cash for me to part with this car.

Any interest, feel free to PM or email me at yullose001@yahoo.com

For those who are curious... I'm taking over a gun shop and indoor shooting range here in Mt Penn. It looks like I will be opening (hopefully) in the next couple weeks. I've got the LLC formed, website domain locked-in, EIN paperwork, lease agreement, tax licenses, etc...
I still need to get the FFL and some inventory, but having previously been a gun shop, all I will need to do is open the doors and business will come in.

stonycreekoutfitters.com

It's just a single temp starter page... but shows a little of what I'm doing.

This all happened very quickly and in the last two months or so... so I really haven't given much thought to selling the car until just tonight.

Anyway, here's some pics...
DSC075042.jpg

DSC074862-1.jpg

DSC078952.jpg

DSC078902.jpg

DSC078642.jpg

DSC078592.jpg

DSC078562.jpg

DSC078652.jpg

DSC078142.jpg

$12k? Are you nutz? More like $15k. And that's still too low.

Yeah, I know... but I just don't see these cars selling for big money... and if I'm 'gonna sell it, I need it gone fast. $12k is my bottom line, no haggle, cash price.

The longer I look at it in the garage, the less likely I am to part with it.

It still needs a paint job and headliner... so that's a good $4k+ needed put into the car to be finished.

If someone want's to give me $15k for it, I'd certainly accept it. :D

Good price for that car! I'm personally not in the market for another one but if you dont mind, what size ET Streets are your running in the rear? Is the car lowered or just old springs? Looks good, the tires tuck well! -----Jeremy

How can we sell our cars for so little money

selling cars right now is tuff !! $$$ is tight .. You would think for $12k it would be gone right away. as usual cash is still KING :p good luck with the sale !

what size ET Streets are your running in the rear? Is the car lowered or just old springs? Looks good, the tires tuck well! -----Jeremy

The tires are 275/60 MT Drag Radials, mounted on 15x7's with a 3.5" BS.
I run aluminum drums and the wheelwell lips have been trimmed a little.

All 4 Moog springs have been chopped to get the ride height where it is.

How can we sell our cars for so little money

I'm not excited about selling it at such a loss... but I understand the car market enough to know how to price it, if I want to sell it.

Trust me when I say... this is just a small temporary sacrifice, to secure a long term future for my entire family. I will never have another business opportunity like this again. I'm 42 years old, and time is running out for me to build my family empire. :D

Ready to buy

Please call me, as I am very interested in your car. I e-mailed you with my home number and here is my cell phone number. (815) 973-6621. Thank you,

Don

Beautiful car, nicely done. If you were here in ca I'd probably buy it off you!!! Some lucky bastard will get a great car at a great price!

man if i didn't buy another one over the weekend i'd be in your driveway with cash right now, i remember this car when jim had it and it was sweet, you've just improved on it! this is a virtually rust free car too if i remember correctly?
wish u wouldve posted this last week!!! glws

man if i didn't buy another one over the weekend i'd be in your driveway with cash right now, i remember this car when jim had it and it was sweet, you've just improved on it! this is a virtually rust free car too if i remember correctly?
wish u wouldve posted this last week!!! glws

Yep, this is Jim's old car. He did alot of work to it before I got ahold of it... then I took it to the next level. About the only thing of his still on the car is the shortblock and rearend. The entire top end from the head gaskets up is brand new from TA Performance. I still have receipts for that stuff...

The trans literally only has about 3 miles on it. The weather turned crappy not long after I installed it... then I stored it in the car trailer for two months... only recently pulling it out of the trailer and putting it back in the garage... only to get several feet of snow in a 2 week period of time. ;)

The car REALLY should be run and tuned on 116 Sunoco race fuel to be safe.
I just haven't had time or good enough weather to really tweak it.

I have three Turbo Tweak chips for it... One is a C16 race fuel chip, one is a 93/alky 5.6 chip and one is a 6.0 wideband tracking chip.
Currently the car is on 93 octane and alky, but hasn't been tuned or driven yet.

The next owner should dump the pump gas, fill it with race fuel and test/tune before putting his foot on the floor.
I can say however... the little bit I drove it with race fuel in it... it was a fvcking beast. Even with the sticky drag radials, it just wanted to burn tires. It probably wouldn't be smart or safe to drive it with regular radials. :D

Pissed!!!

Ok so I loose out on buying the car because this guy did not want to spend $1.00 to call me long distance. What an idiot!! Thanks a bunch. I feel better now. :mad: