91 DSM parts needed

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
i know there are a few DSM/turbo buick guys here, maybe you have some stock parts laying around? i need all these parts to turn my NON turbo into a turbo FWD 91 plymouth laser. so i need some turbo parts...

91-94 throttle body,
2 G elbow that bolts to the stock 91 t-body goes to IC
some sort of front mount IC
known good knock sensor
oil pump from good engine with gear and nut
91 upper and lower great condition timing belt covers,
turbo FWD trans, is there a LSD FWD trans?
91 and up FWD turbo ECM with removeable chip. also "resistor pack" for injectors?
also standard size turbo pistons
im sure there is more, will add to list later

i bought it saturday, check it out

http://www.cardomain.com/id/cyprus_da3dalus

thanks
BW

congrats on the DSM , I have as a daily driver a 90 laser RS 2.0 16v 5spd (picked it up real cheap when it had 105k) and havent had any trouble other than a bad catalytic converter and the nut coming off the oil drive gear which took nothing to put it back because it backed out and wore a hole in the cover . shes still going strong with just over 180Kmi and gets 32 mpg , right now i think its faster than my GN
so far all ive done is the Agx shocks , drill slot rotors and 17x6.5 AR rims with 235 /45/17s ,and a stock rear spoiler
, i pulled a turbo setup from a 91 just havent gotten around to bolting it up , one turbo nightmare right now is enough .
good luck with the change over ive thought about doing the AWD but ive got 4wd blazer for when it gets real nasty

thanks man-
its a great car, ive had a 90 laser turbo and a galant VR4 in the past and never really turned them up much-

funny thing about those oil pump gears- thats what happened to this one too, wore a hole in the cover and the belt jumped timing-

ive purchased everything except for the intercooler,turbo pistons, ecm, correct throttle body and knock sensor-

ive been working on the project all weekend, if i had the parts listed above i would have the car running next weekend!

i cant wait to start driving it, should get 25+ MPG if i can keep my foot out of it.

BW

here is a link on how to make a Non turbo into a turbo all you have to do is..

1) Pin 6 Maf wire
2) Pin 9 Knock wire
3) Pin 57 Fuel Pressure solenoid
4) Pin 105 Wastegate Solenoid
5) Injector resistor pack

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55457&highlight=Resistor+pack

of course you need the necessary parts to do the swap, but not too tough if you ask me-

actually, go to the junk yard and find a turbo eclipse, laser or a talon-
the easiest way to find out if it HAD the turbo engine in it, is to find where the maf was and find the weather pack connector-
the turbo cars have a 7 pin maf connector were as the non turbos have a 6 pin connector-
cut that connector out of the harness about 12 inches back so you can soldier it in, run a new maf wire back into the ECM-
snag that 90 ecm too.. since yours is a 90, you have a few wires that are not orinted in the same as the 91 and up.. just go to that website and check it out
snag the resistor pack up on the firewall, looks just like the resistor on your GN fan-
snag the solenoids on the drivers side firewall too- should be a bracket that you will take all them off with-
anyway, here is another link to help you out in the swap-

http://www.ecanfix.com/~mdhamilton/index.shtml

also they say that your non turbo 5 speed transmission will hold up to 350 HP if you have a upgraded clutch, mine has the act 2100.. i will see how long it lasts.

well now all this talking about it, i think im going to go grab a busch light and start porting on the head-
later
BW

BW thanks for the links , isnt much i really need or cant get ahold of to convert to turbo , after taking my car to the track i know the laser would have beat my GN but i think i found my trouble with my GN tonight
a melted down catalytic ,but i should have expected it with 125k mi
later
Paul

I have a set of 5 speed manual fuel injectors for sale. the 5 speed injectors are bigger than the manual ones. i also have a billet aluminum cover that goes over the spark plugs and wires, very nice. and a 5 speed manual transmission like new. let me know, you can e-mail me at turbotim812@hotmail.com thanks Tim

diamond star motors

Hey I have a real good friend who deals & works on dsm stuff exclusively. Let me know what you need?

2 G elbow that bolts to the stock 91 t-body goes to IC
some sort of front mount IC

I have these 2 items . Elbow from my 97 gst spyder as i got the huge front mount setup now.

I have 90 starion front mount bought it for my rx7 but used a npr instead to better clear rails.

$15.00 shipped for the elbow
$60.00 shipped for the intercooler.
Pm -me if you are interested.

91-94 throttle body,
91 upper and lower great condition timing belt covers,
and i should have a resistor pack

$100 for everything, TB has all sensors too.

I also have a lot of other things youll need like MAS sensor, I have a stock elbow, not a 2G one.

lemme know.

email me at MikeKKnott@gmail.com