91 Firebird finally finished

Looks Great man! Glad to see another F-body guy go Buick!!!!

~Scott

Yeah my ex fiances bf just moved into the house and has a newer camaro. Buddy gave him a ride in his GN with turbo injectors tranny and fast and the guy is seriously contemplating putting a LC2 motor in his Camaro....Soon fellas very soon we will win the world over, LOL!:biggrin:

Yeah my ex fiances bf just moved into the house and has a newer camaro. Buddy gave him a ride in his GN with turbo injectors tranny and fast and the guy is seriously contemplating putting a LC2 motor in his Camaro....Soon fellas very soon we will win the world over, LOL!

Well I tell ya guys... I've been the ONLY hybrid at the Midwest Buick Challange for the last 2yrs..> Don't make me beg to get someone else to show up... Please make the trip
it's not that far to Elkhart.
It's at the end of this month (Sept26th weekend)
Check the events page for more details.
I'm like a white goat in a black sheep family.. If that makes sense.? ;)
Please please come to the event!!!!!!
~Scott

Did you need a custom driveshaft and a different torque arm for that 200r4? I'm still running the 700 but want to switch to the 200.

Also, what did you do to get your tach to work? I can't seem to get mine to work right.

I did have a custom driveshaft made, because the length was a bit off using the 200. Stock F-body will be too short, and a G-body was way too long.

The factory torque arm will work, but you'll need a TTA tranny cross member (I call it a horse collar) for the 200 4R to work right. It's shaped kinda like a half moon.

My tach isn't working either. The F-body tach is calibrated for a V-8 anyway, so even if I get it reading a signal, it is going to be off. I'm thinking of gutting the whole cluster and going with all new gauges.

My front facia didn't have fog lights anyway, so it wasn't that difficult to just take a hack saw to the plastic in the way of the intercooler.

I'm glad everyone seems to like the car. I call it my poor man's TTA. :wink:
Here are some more pics of the car before I bought it, some early stages of the motor, and the donor car.

Attachments

• DSCN1481.jpg
    DSCN1481.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,034
  • hybrid 012.jpg
    hybrid 012.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,008
  • hybrid 032.jpg
    hybrid 032.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 85 T-Type 038.jpg
    85 T-Type 038.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,100
I love the Formulas. I think they are a better looking car compared to the Camaro and TA. I love the color, the wheels and the powertrain. Good job.

I did have a custom driveshaft made, because the length was a bit off using the 200. Stock F-body will be too short, and a G-body was way too long.

The factory torque arm will work, but you'll need a TTA tranny cross member (I call it a horse collar) for the 200 4R to work right. It's shaped kinda like a half moon.

My tach isn't working either. The F-body tach is calibrated for a V-8 anyway, so even if I get it reading a signal, it is going to be off. I'm thinking of gutting the whole cluster and going with all new gauges.

My front facia didn't have fog lights anyway, so it wasn't that difficult to just take a hack saw to the plastic in the way of the intercooler.

I'm glad everyone seems to like the car. I call it my poor man's TTA. :wink:
Here are some more pics of the car before I bought it, some early stages of the motor, and the donor car.

Thanks for the heads up. So it has to be a crossmember for a TTA eh? Hmm, that might be hard to find. :mad: Where did you find yours?

Here are some pictures of mine. Yours looks great!

turbo91birdmilan1.jpg

76525410.jpg

turbobird006.jpg

myengine1.jpg

dsc02952b.jpg

turbo91birdmilan4.jpg

I remember when you were putting your TA together a few years ago. It seemed like we were getting started at about the same time. Obviously mine has taken waaaaay longer to finish. Very nice job!

I found the cross member here on the board. Somebody was parting out a TTA.

Crap, guess I will have to keep my eyes peeled. I want to switch to the 200r4 and get a trans-brake.

I was about to get the Spohn link.. :)

I think S&W makes one and a few others.

Anyone else going to make it down to the Midwest Buick Challange????

I love that Dark Gray T... Very sharp.. and the Formula was a clean car to begin with.

Maby you can have custom embles or stickers that say "3.8L Formula" :)
~Scott

Looks like im draging a leg on posting. Those Birds look good.
Turbolimited I've always wanted those wheels, when i finly found out Hawks 3rd gen had them they were sold out.:frown:
91Bird305 How hevy is that S60 rear end. This Mosser 9" is to hevy. My car has to go on a diet. I added 400lbs with the TH400,9" and roll cage ext.
Scott I would love to go. I love racing this car, but I have to go to CO next week for a wile But I will be a Renales GA NOV 6.

Scott I would love to go. I love racing this car, but I have to go to CO next week for a wile But I will be a Renales GA NOV 6.

What's going on down there?????
I was invited to a Ford VS Buick shoot out in KS end of Oct....
Since my normal Oct. event at Stanton was cancelled. :(
Let me know what's going on down there!
~Scott

91Bird305 How hevy is that S60 rear end. This Mosser 9" is to hevy. My car has to go on a diet. I added 400lbs with the TH400,9" and roll cage ext.

12-bolt w/ brake assembly -210
Strange S60 w/ brake assembly -230
Currie 9-inch w/ brake assembly -238

What blasphemy! A Buick engine in a fine TPI third gen such as that.... :tongue:

Car looks absolutely amazing! :D

We had to do something to make them run low 10s and get 20mpg.:biggrin:

I guess the 9 bolt rearend must be around 190lbs. Im thinking about putting it back in, with a 200 4 R and a Carbon fiber hood. Ive got to get it back down to 3200lbs I just dont like 3675lbs race weight. Droping 400lbs could put me in the 9s no problem.

Looks great! Just don't post it on any of the 3rd gen boards, those guys are bunch of nuts.... They gave me a bunch of **** for putting an LC2 into my '87 Iroc vert... Said I ruined it:eek:

How's the airflow to the intercooler?

None of them said a word to me and that's a Z03 car.
pic2.jpg

Roc87 said:
Just don't post it on any of the 3rd gen boards, those guys are bunch of nuts....

.... maybe a few guys in the historic forums, but the majority of us over on thirdgen.org love these types of swaps. Although nowadays, there's really no need to swap to an LC2, other than maybe for weight savings. Here's your basic GTA w/BBS turbo header setup. :smile:

Turbo-GTA-1-1.jpg