You can type here any text you want

A/F Ratio during boost ramp up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo6man

Hi, When I start to stage up my motor and it goes from a vacuum and transitions into boost, what A/F ratio are you striving for? I have a wideband O2 and I am shooting for 11.3 at my wide open throttle, but I am not sure what to shoot for on the Vac to boost transitions. Thanks, James

Data log some passe some WOT on the t-brake and whittle away at it. Id throw as much timing at it as possible on spool up and taper the a/f like Dusty explained.

Sorry for the late response. That is great information! I just installed the 4 sensor input datalogger by innovate technologies I will now be able to record the wide band and I set the the four inputs to RPM'S/boost/TPS and I am trying to get the last one to work for knock but it is not working yet. Thanks again, James

Be very very careful with timing on Gen 6. They are not accurate. Add 6 degrees to whatever number you have in the timing map.

You will kill the motor if you assume the timing is right between the motor and the ignition map.

Thanks I will keep that info for the future, I currently have the boost at 15psi and the timing on the accell map is set to 20 degrees. I am running 104 octane unleaded.

Back