You can type here any text you want

A Line In The Sand

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Power

There is a legend that most Texans know about, regarding William Barret Travis, commander of the Texan forces at the battle of the Alamo.

As the Mexican army approached San Antonio and the vastly outnumbered Texans, Travis unsheathed his sword, drew a line in the sand, and asked those who would stay and fight with him to cross the line and stand at his side.

All but one, a cowardly Frenchman, crossed the line to stand with Travis.

Today I ask you brave turbo regal pilots to do the same. Either you are will do battle for Team Buick this coming October in Noble, Oklahoma, or you are a Mexican....I mean....or you are a cowardly Frenchman.

Though the Fords may come at us with lighter cars, more vehicles, larger engines, lots of sandbags, bottles filled with nawz, and a huge aftermarket of upgrades, we will stand firm at the battlefield of Thunder Valley and deafen them with the horrible buzz of open exhaust 109s until the day is done. Team Buick never retreats, we never surrender, and we usually have a lot better looking women than they do.

So this October 16th, though our economy be devastated by General Santa Anna-obama, though the BBQ be lacking in taste, and though the road be long, rough (thank you, Oklahoma highway dept.), and undoubtedly full of women driving SUVs 100 mph in both lanes and not paying attention, I ask that you cross this line with me and stand on the side of turbocharged Buick greatness win, lose (not friggin' likely), or head gasket failure.

Respectfully,

Black Power
Amarillo TX

a-line-in-the-sand.jpg

Keeping with the Alamo theme here, I think a modern day, Buick driving Davy Crockett would say "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Noble."

See you guys there.
Will Barnes

Well written Willis. Are you by any chance under the influence of pabst?

A little early for me to commit to this since it is the weekend before BG and I am going there. Will have to check with the War Dept (wife). I would love to go to both. Geting a new Tranny from Lonnie and a PTC converter from Dusty as of next week. Would be awesome to kick some Ford butt!!
I hope to make it is all I can say for now.

Bryan

Back