A little overview of how our weekend went

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad part is I know he left some stuff out!
Bryan

I can think of a couple....LOL. I must say you both handled the situation well. It was a pleasure meeting both of you - under the circumstances you kept on going when I would have put it back on the trailer. My husband Charlie and I could not believe all you went through.

Hope to see you again and another event under different conditions.

Kelli Cox.

I can think of a couple....LOL. I must say you both handled the situation well. It was a pleasure meeting both of you - under the circumstances you kept on going when I would have put it back on the trailer. My husband Charlie and I could not believe all you went through.

Kelli Cox.

I knew I forgot some people, Charlie and Kelli! A pleasure to meet you both!

Thanks. I laughed hard at your account. This sounds like my trip to get my T. A 24 hour straight run, 5 seperated tires, no oil pressure, and almost lost the car because of a bad strap. Glad to know Murphy follows some one else once in a while. LOL

Kelli Cox.

Thanks Keli, you and your husband are good people. It was very nice meeting both of you. Believe me, I was very close to loading the car on the trailer and calling it quits. It was very disheartening not getting it completely tuned or even getting to the track to spectate after driving almost 900 miles one way. But there were way too many nice people there and Rich's hospitality kept me from throwing-in the towel. It could have been alot worse. It could have happened somewhere else where there were no lifts and tools. At least I got most of it lined out(I hope) and did get to install my new double pumper using Rich's lift and trans jack to drop my tank.
I will be at BG in May, hope to see you there!

Bryan

Another person that I forgot to give BIG thanks to is Jack Cotton. Jack hung with me for two days through all of this BS going on with my car. Jack helped wrench on my car and patiently waited for me to get it running time after time so that he could tune on my car. Jack could have easily left me and went to the track to enjoy his trip but chose to hang in and hope for the best for my car.
Jack is not just my vendor but my friend as well.

Thanks bro!! See you in BG.

Bryan

I like how I get no "special thanks" in pop's signature...lol. All the bull$*# I put up with...and NOTHIN haha.
Dude, you're killing me!!!! LOL
Another person that I forgot to give BIG thanks to is Jack Cotton. Jack hung with me for two days through all of this BS going on with my car. Jack helped wrench on my car and patiently waited for me to get it running time after time so that he could tune on my car. Jack could have easily left me and went to the track to enjoy his trip but chose to hang in and hope for the best for my car.
Jack is not just my vendor but my friend as well.

Thanks bro!! See you in BG.

Bryan
I still get nothin. Wish there was a middle finger emoticon. :mad:
See if I copilot another 15 hour trip...even if I did fall asleep 2 hours into the return trip :eek:

I get no recognition because that car hates me. The first time we went to BG, it started raining while we were loading up, so I shut the hood for him so he could pull the car onto the trailer; well, when I did so, the hood somehow pushed the radiator hose into the fan blade and ruptured it. When the car came off the trailer there, it poured coolant everywhere. Come to think of it...this is the second time we've trailered the car, myself being present both times, and both times we had coolant issues right off the bat. I give up, that car is possessed. It hates me because I like foreign cars...:rolleyes:

I still get nothin. Wish there was a middle finger emoticon. :mad:
See if I copilot another 15 hour trip...even if I did fall asleep 2 hours into the return trip :eek:

I get no recognition because that car hates me. The first time we went to BG, it started raining while we were loading up, so I shut the hood for him so he could pull the car onto the trailer; well, when I did so, the hood somehow pushed the radiator hose into the fan blade and ruptured it. When the car came off the trailer there, it poured coolant everywhere. Come to think of it...this is the second time we've trailered the car, myself being present both times, and both times we had coolant issues right off the bat. I give up, that car is possessed. It hates me because I like foreign cars...:rolleyes:

I will give you the middle finger in person. :D

It wasn't BG, it was the 2007 Midwest challenge when you decided to lean on the radiator hose and bend the bracket into the tensioner before closing the hood. :D

The car hates you because you are breathing, same reason it hates me! It has nothing to do with your love of foreign cars or women.:biggrin:

Thanks for hanging out with your old man and trying to get my sh!t working ! I love you Brandon.

Dad

Thanks for hanging out with your old man and trying to get my sh!t working ! I love you Brandon.

Dad

Good times........

now send me back my injectors..........:biggrin::biggrin:

I will give you the middle finger in person. :D

It wasn't BG, it was the 2007 Midwest challenge when you decided to lean on the radiator hose and bend the bracket into the tensioner before closing the hood. :D

The car hates you because you are breathing, same reason it hates me! It has nothing to do with your love of foreign cars or women.:biggrin:

Dad

You leave Ling-Ling out of this...:D

Oh man.
I'm glad you guys made it out alive. I hate to hear about race trips from hell, but it sounds like you both stuck it out and made the best of it.

I think it's great that a Father and Son are sharing their experiences with us, it shows alot of character and class. With regards to the car being possessed, I see it more as the car is testing you both. Stick with it, and it will eventually pay off big. I still firmly believe, every car has a heart and soul, the more love you give it, the more it will reward you with good behavior and a long lasting grin.

In reading you guys' posts, I really wish my Dad lived closer to me, so we could share times like this together. And you're posts have really brought a smile to my face this morning.
Thanks for that.

Don't give up Jr. and Sr. Things will come around with the car.
See you guys at BG.

Patrick

Oh man.
I'm glad you guys made it out alive. I hate to hear about race trips from hell, but it sounds like you both stuck it out and made the best of it.

I think it's great that a Father and Son are sharing their experiences with us, it shows alot of character and class. With regards to the car being possessed, I see it more as the car is testing you both. Stick with it, and it will eventually pay off big. I still firmly believe, every car has a heart and soul, the more love you give it, the more it will reward you with good behavior and a long lasting grin.

In reading you guys' posts, I really wish my Dad lived closer to me, so we could share times like this together. And you're posts have really brought a smile to my face this morning.
Thanks for that.

Don't give up Jr. and Sr. Things will come around with the car.
See you guys at BG.

Patrick

Patrick, although it was a trip from hell I got alot of things lined out with the car and met some really good people. I am sure some people would have loaded the car on the trailer and went home ( I thought about it myself) but there were so many people willing to help and plenty of hospitality from Rich with the full use of the shop how could I let the trip be a waste.I am already looking forward to next year. My son was looking forward to the tag-team race as I told him I would let him launch the car, as long as he didn't soil the seats :eek: I really wanted to see the dyno challenge as well but there is always next year. I hope you do it again. Look for me at BG, I will be the car that is leaking water :biggrin:

Bryan

You got that right. I lost my dad in '91, I was only 28. We were pretty tight and it was very rough for a long time. I still don't much care for the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.