You can type here any text you want

A Ride to Remember

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EHeck77

Today, for the first time, I finally drove my co-workers 1987 WE4 Buick Grand National. That was the most exhilarating ride of my life! When that turbo spooled up and kicked in I sat grinning from ear to ear. Now I am looking to get one for myself. Thank you so much George for opening my eyes, now I just need to open my wallet. Now, I AM A TRUE BELIEVER!

i think everybody here can say there was one ride that made them say the same thing,

im not the type to get on the bandwagon but i wanted the car before i ever even sat in one but taking one for a spin was like icing on the cake!

I 2nd that liv4gnz ...i have yet to even sit in a Turbo Buick. Yet im on here everyday, looking at cars, reading forumes. Hopefully in a yr or so , i will have one in my driveway...

I 2nd that liv4gnz ...i have yet to even sit in a Turbo Buick. Yet im on here everyday, looking at cars, reading forumes. Hopefully in a yr or so , i will have one in my driveway...

lol one day you will know what its like and i cant describe it

no better feeling than building a car with your own two hands and getting to enjoy it every day of your life

its a love hate relationship but every mishap or every second of aggravation and every dollar or should i say hundreds of dollars lol is worth 5 times more happiness in the end!

learn as much as you can now before you buy one it makes it alot easier and a good headstart than having to wait and ask alot of questions in the process of building it!

good luck

I ordered my GN before test driving a turbo Regal. After placing the order my salesman ask if I would like to take his demo for a spin. Gray T-Type Limited maroon roof, leather gut and not missing many options. What a first ride. Then came the five month wait for my car.

Kurt

couldnt imagine the patience you have sir lol

than again looked for quite a long time myself and numerous hours searching and meeting people to see a rust bucket but like i said take the time now for something that your going to have a hundred times longer! it is worth it to find THE right one and for the right price i may add

Ive seen some of your posts.. I have had mine for 1 year almost. Gone all through it with the help of some great people arownd here. Im picking it up from paint tomorow.... the day I droped it off in febuary it was running better than it has ever ran... Now it looks like it drives..
11600 for the car
8000 in parts of all kinds
3500 in paint and body
1800 wheels & tires
25000 total to have a dream car, the car I dreamed of when I was in high school, built to do what you want and be what you want it to be.Ill never get the money back out of it, but I wouldnt take the money for the car. Its not for sale... Ill use it for a DD first.. Get one and never look back.. Im going to be burried in mine, Ill have to buy 4 plots..:eek:
Here is progres on mine. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/277570-im-going-paint.html

Yeh man i have a fourwheeler that i put over 5k in the motor, (stupid me) but its the baddest qaud around, im referring to not gettin your money back, im all to familiar with that..... And hopefully after school, i will be able to dump money into my dream ride. Specially with my buddies drag racing all the time. They all got Chevys. I wanna show em what i know the turbobuick has to offer......

What a grin!

EHECK!
It was my pleasure to give you your first ride in a Turbo Buick! I wish you could have seen your face when you felt the boost coming in. That grin was so big that I saw every tooth in your head. :biggrin: :biggrin:
I have a the picture sitting on the dash of my work van that I have as my avatar here. Eric started with us not too long ago and has been riding with me for approx the last month. I have had other people ride with me, but none of them knew what the car in the picture was. Eric did!! I was impressed.
This guy loves cars and I do hope that one day he becomes the proud owner of one of these cars. He would be the right guy to have one as he would represent the Buick community well. On the 15th of this month (May) I will celebrate 14 years of ownwership. I would do it over again. I am far from having the car where I want it, but one day hopefully I will be there. I have a 5 year old son that is nuts over the car. I look forward to spending time with him and the car. My ultimate plan is to have the car where I want it, and for us to be able to go to Bowling Green one year. It will come.
Eric, thanks for the post! We will take another ride and maybe tweek up the boost a little. Do you think your brother could break out a G8 from the dealership?????:biggrin: :biggrin:

Great thread and very cool of you, George. :cool:

I still remember my first drive. My uncle was a Buick/GMC dealer. He always demo'd GNs. He showed up at my grandmothers one day in a 86 GN and told my parents we were going for a ride. When he kicked in the boost, I was grinning my ass off. We stopped at a convenience store a few miles down the road to turn around. When he stopped on the parking lot, he told me to get out and swap seats with him. I went from :eek: to :D in no time flat.

So being very careful, I ease out on the road and am just putting along. My uncle looks behind us and then tells me to stop the car. I think something is wrong, so I stop right then and there. He looks over and says "Son, I said you can drive this thing. Now DRIVE it. Put that right foot through the floor". Well, he didn't have to tell me twice. so now here I am, 12 or 13 years old, no license and driving the HELL out of a brand new GN. It was at that moment I REALLY fell in love with these cars.

Fast forward to just a few years ago and I went for a ride in 1KWIK6's modded GN. Not too often I get in a car that frightens me. He scared the $h!t outta me! :eek: But I loved every second of it. And finally, now I have one of my own. It's the most fun I've ever with a car.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :D

I have had a number of old school muscle cars, GTO's, 442's, Z/28, etc. All of them certainly had their merits, but I ALWAYS wanted a GN. I still have to wipe that shi* eating grin off my face every time I get into it. It is a whole different kind of experience.
My 462" (gee, twice the CID of the GN) GTO was a high compression motor, and would slam you back in the seat, kind of brutal. My 70 442 (455 CID) was kind of like a jet taking off, all the torque put you back in the seat and held you there as long as you stayed in it. The GN is sort of a hybrid of the two... once it spools, it slams you and keeps you there.
I still think this may be my favorite car of all time!

Back