You can type here any text you want

AC Cobra vs. GN - badd a$$ race

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
nice wheel stand by the Cobra.. props to the GN for spankin that ass

Hoping to..

get my bud to bring his Cobra to Reynolds..It won't be a puny 11.90 deal...:D

the difference in weight is what impresses me. That violent little car lost to a 3300+ lb family car from the eighties.

Anyone else here think Nightrider should have been a GN?

That all depends on what that cobra was made from, and what mill is in there. From what I hear, theres many variations that have come out over the years. Some soo close, you cant tell its not a real one. I was under the impression that only the top of the line was ultra fast, and the rest were average. The top of the line being the aluminum bodied one with the 427 in it. And I think that engine was all aluminum, with 3, 2bbl carbs. Am I correct, or was this a custom car I was lookin at. I dont know too much about them.

That Cobra had a 302 in it. At least thats what the badges on the fenders say when I was looking at it in the pits. Nice looking car.

Man o man have we become spoiled!! 11.90 from a SMALL BLOCK powered AC and people are saying it was a disgrace???:eek: The 427 powered AC Cobras only ran 12's!! That 11.90 car will spank 99% of anything that will challange him on the street. Looks like a nice car from the vid. To bad Oky is sooo far away, would love to go someday.

Ken B.

Race

My brother has one, I have been dying to race him. His car has a 302 with 300 rwhp, weighs 2100lbs. Very fast.

back in the day 427 Cobra's had small tires .. with todays tires it would def be quicker.. the "bones" Cobras up here basically run 12s @ 110 :rolleyes: here is a "roch" with polyglass tires tires in 1976.. those were WIDE tires then :p

Attachments

• CD2.jpg
    CD2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 204
Back