AC compressor bolts

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
As usual, I've lost the bolts for the compressor.
I have the stud/nut, but the other 2 are MIA....:mad:
NE1 might know the thread size, pitch & length? Looks like time for a trip to Lowes...:rolleyes:

TIA,

I thought I had a bad case of CRS, just give me a call for what you need as you will not remember anyway when you get to Lowes?

Priority Mail is quicker then you going to find them.

I thought I had a bad case of CRS, just give me a call for what you need as you will not remember anyway when you get to Lowes?

Priority Mail is quicker then you going to find them.

I not only have CRS, I have CSS, CDS, and a host of other "issues"...:smuggrin:
The bolts are what I measure to be about 5", {130mm}. They pass thru the compressor and screw into the "Y" brkt that holds the outboard end of the alt.
I think the threads are 10MM x 1.5. Can you check one and let me know?? {The Y brkt is at the coater's shop. :rolleyes:}

TIA,:D

I just removed a compressor from a GN today and will send you a matched set of bolts.

Nope. It put some alum flakes in the orifice filter. Had virtually NO oil in it. More great maintenance by a po....:rolleyes:
Just my luck. I am about to experiment with a 2.8 compressor on my Buick. Everything appears to be the same except the pressure switch that is on the compressor. I'm thinking that I can just take the switch out of my GN compressor and stuff it in the S10 compressor, and bobs your uncle.

The bolt that goes through the bracket is a m10-1.5 120mm I had to go to fastenal to find them.

Thanks!..

This may help too, although #5 in the picture is a little different from what is in production.
IMG_0193.JPG