You can type here any text you want

Advancement of fuel delivery?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So was the orginal stater that now you have change twice, now if we could get ya to change that semi truck turbo :eek:

Hey now!!! Donnie deserves some credit here. Not everyone want a diesel turbo on their car.:eek: If noting else he's thinking outside the box.:biggrin:

So was the orginal stater that now you have change twice, now if we could get ya to change that semi truck turbo :eek:
So Tony, throughout your personal history with Buicks, how many torque converters, turbos and ignition systems have you gone through before ending up with what you have now? And how much help did you depend on from others in making your selections? Be truthful.

Maybe I can get some of you large single turbo guys out there to participate in a simple comparison. This is something I've been wondering about for some time now. A lot of you have the 'perfect' combination, but from some of the videos I've seen, you're sitting at the starting line well after the light has turned green, still spooling your turbo up. What's up with that? You're lucky it's a 3 amber tree. That's great for a pretty timeslip, but how do you win races like that?

Comparison test:
Pull your car into the staging lights.
Bring the rpm up to 2400 rpm only, on the transbrake or foot brake.
On the amber before the green, go to WOT and release the brake. You must do this last step correctly for the comparison to be meaningful.
Let's limit boost to 27 psi.

Nothing can be done to help pre-spool the turbo before the release of the brake, besides bringing the rpm up to 2400. After the release of the brake, anything goes.

Better yet. Do this comparison test on a .500 pro light.

Post your timeslips, with incrementals. Or not,... and live the rest of your life in shame. :biggrin:

Dusty. On the PTC converters you sell, the 9.5 n/l I believe, is that a positive or negative rake on the primary pump?

I was thinking about another launch strategy. If the T/C ends up being loose enough that is.
This strategy may be close to what a lot of imports have been doing for awhile now. Let me know.

1) Switch on the aux rev limiter (2-step). The aux rev limit would be set at some point past T/C stall 'off the nitrous', but set close to a point before stall 'on the nitrous'.

The nitrous is set to activate at WOT only.

2) Bring up the rpm a bit, avoiding WOT, and creep into the staging lights. We don't want the nitrous system activating yet. :eek:

3) As soon as you're staged, set transbrake and go to WOT, which activates the nitrous system.

The nitrous system pushes the stall to the aux rev limiter where the limiter is setup to richen the mixture and retard timing. The turbo begins to spool.

4) Release the transbrake, which will also deactivate the aux rev limiter. Nitrous would stay activated until a set boost level.

5) Important step. HOLD ON! :eek:

This seems to be a very doable launch strategy. What do you think?

I think if you're not careful donnie, you're going to do the same thing Odell did at BG. Please take it a little easy.

Don, This is just dumbass dragstrip noob here but is there a way you could set up your nitrous controller so it would only initially activate with the transbrake on (so it would stay on at transbrake release). That way there would be no danger of accidental activation.

Don, This is just dumbass dragstrip noob here but is there a way you could set up your nitrous controller so it would only initially activate with the transbrake on (so it would stay on at transbrake release). That way there would be no danger of accidental activation.
I was thinking about that too after I posted the above strategy. Having a chance of the nitrous hitting while creeping into the lights would not be a fun experience.
One of the multi-channel delay timer controllers that takes care of one of the many safety shut offs in my n2o system, does not turn on, and in turn does not energize a particular relay to allow a live n2o circuit, until the transbrake button is pressed. I'll have to go over the circuitry again to make sure, but I think that will take care of that issue.
It's always interesting to go back over a complicated electrical circuit years after you designed it without the help of a schematic. :confused:

Good thinking on your part.

Thanks for reconsidering your idea Donnie. I thought it was a little radical when you posted it. You'd probibly have to clean your shorts if you did it that way. lol

Revised Launch Strategy

1) Switch on the aux rev limiter (2-step). The aux rev limit would be set at some point past T/C stall 'off the nitrous', but set close to a point before stall 'on the nitrous'.

The nitrous is set to activate with the press of the transbrake button and WOT.

2) Bring up the rpm a bit and creep into the staging lights.

3) As soon as you're staged, set transbrake. As soon as the other lane stages, go to WOT, which activates the nitrous system.

The nitrous system pushes the stall to the aux rev limiter where the limiter is setup to richen the mixture and retard timing. The turbo begins to spool, and the boost controller maintains a target launch boost level.

4) Release the transbrake, which will also deactivate the aux rev limiter. Nitrous would stay activated until a set boost level.

5) HOLD ON! :eek: (important step)

If the aux rev limiter point is set far enough before the stall speed point when 'on the nitrous', you might even get a little extra flash stall speed when the aux rev limiter is released. :biggrin:

This is it, folks!!! The ultimate turbo/n2o launch!

I was thinking about that too after I posted the above strategy. Having a chance of the nitrous hitting while creeping into the lights would not be a fun experience.
One of the multi-channel delay timer controllers that takes care of one of the many safety shut offs in my n2o system, does not turn on, and in turn does not energize a particular relay to allow a live n2o circuit, until the transbrake button is pressed. I'll have to go over the circuitry again to make sure, but I think that will take care of that issue.
It's always interesting to go back over a complicated electrical circuit years after you designed it without the help of a schematic. :confused:

See I forget to watch the boost, watch the revs... and wind up doing something dumb like pushing through the lights.

Still I want a ride :D

You're just one of us mad scientists trying to go faster Donnie. I'd start with the way you had it and change as you test. I have a feeling you'll not need to change it as much as you're thinking.

It would however be entertaining for the fans on the sidelines.

Since you used my idea what about that ride :D

It would however be entertaining for the fans on the sidelines.

Since you used my idea what about that ride :D
I don't have a passenger seat, but if you stradle the nitrous bottle and wrap your arms around the crossbar behind the seat, that could work.

That would be one heck of a ride. :cool:

So do you think a build up of 2 to 3 psi boost along with the nitrous will be enough for a decent launch? :confused:

Back