You can type here any text you want

Advice on Exhasut...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

Right now I have the hooker 2.5 " catback dual exhaust. I'm thinking about replacing to a stock appearing exhaust like the RJC 3" one muffler to dual tail pipe. I have a stock 2.5 " downpipe with kirban's style cat convertor. What to u guys think? Will it sound alright with a a stock downpipe.

I have the RJC exhaust on my TSA car with the stock downpipe , Kirbans 2.5 in cat eliminator pipe and it sounds fine.

Why even bother changing it? The Hooker is stock appearing for all intents and purposes unless you're laying on your back looking underneath the car. And the RJC system is no different IIRC. Don't be surprised if you end up with a drone.

Better and cheaper to change just the mufflers unless you're looking for Stainless Steel.

..... I have a stock 2.5 " downpipe with kirban's style cat convertor........

It make no sense on a performance car to use a 3" exhaust with a 2" stock downpipe?

Your stock downpipe is 2-1/2", but it is necked down to 2" so it is a big restriction in your exhaust.

Spend your $$$ wisely and install a 3" downpipe which will actually help your overall performance.

A 3" system will gain you no performance over a dual 2-1/2" system, but will gain you additional "noise volume"!

3" down pipe & high flow cat with 2.5" duals will work great

Alright thx gentlemen...It was kinda mostly for appraisal reasons. Which downpipe is best Rjc 3"or Gbodyparts 3", I have a stock turbo. Who sells a nice high flow cat for gn's?

Last edited:
I think RJC sells one that is very similar to the Terry Houston, which most believe to be the benchmark design. The best hi flow cat is NO cat:D

That's very true, Somebody told me that before to either gut the stock cat or use a test pipe. Definiately a horse power gain. Then it would make more sense to go with an RJC 3" exhaust for stock appearance.

Last edited:
True but it is not legal. High flow cat will not adversely affect performance. Biggest problem will be traction.

Watch "Parts For Sale" section. Saves you $'s too.

I don't know, It's in pretty good condition, used parts for sale not likely on mine...Going to put bilstean's shock's and new nos4gn front and rear GM springs over the winter. And new front sway bar linkage bushing set. That's about it for this year. Could put UMI boxed upper & lower control arm's and set of slicks for the rear but not sure.

Last edited:
They say the stock downpipe is good for the high 11's spraying alittle alky?

They say the stock downpipe is good for the high 11's spraying alittle alky?
It's good way beyond that. Also it always fits perfectly and the swing valve in the elbow never is a problem. I would do a turbo before I wasted a penny on a pipe. Much more to be had assuming alky or good fuel

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Back