Advise needed 11.50 combo with alky

MiamiHenri

Want to go 11.50 or better, I have a bone stock limited that Im ready to tear into with low miles. What turbo, injectors,chip,fuel system etc. will I need. I already have the alky kit in the box brand new as well. I want a solid combo with some street manners and going with the stock trans & d5 till it blows up then I will put in a converter if needed when I cross that bridge. Please advise ASAP I need to order the parts before I go to the Indian reservation and lose all the money. Thanks guys...

11;50

it won't take alot. 3" down pipe. te-49 turbo or any of the 50 series turbo's. walbro-340 fuel pump/hotwire kit. stock intercooler with big neck. or a streched intercooler. but the stock with a duttwiler neck will work. 009 injectors. reds chip/race. or translator plus. with their chip. cold air intake. i.e. nine inch k/n intake. setup your chassie. 50/50 shocks in back. with boxed lower control arms. and you should be on your way. ajustable waste gate. good luck. frank. :D

60lb injectors, te 60 turbo, alky, fp, 3" dp, 3000 or 3200 stall extender chip with translator

PT6131E, 3200 l/u stall, 60# injectors (because when or if you blow it up you will want to port the heads so having extra fuel is always a plus ;) ) normal fuel mods and any aftermarket intercooler along with 3" DP and full exhaust should do the trick(and then some) on a stock motor

Set the bar a lil higher

I would suggest that u build the car to go 11.00 so that u dont have to beat the piss out of it to run 11.50. Hydraulic roller cam ported heads and make sure u have enough fuel and hang on!!!

I like that point of view since I will be driving 90 miles each way to the track and squeezing a smaller set up. I guess champion is the only option with the head porting?Thanks for your input, now you have the wheels turinig which could be dangerous $$$

61 or 62 turbo, 212/212 or 218/218 cam, upgrade the valve springs, 009 or 50 lb injectors, 340 fuel pump, 3000 stall, drag slicks or MT drag radials, stretch IC or at least a big neck on the stocker, good chip and exhaust. It should run low to mid 11's all day long with around 22-24 lbs of boost :biggrin:

JDSfastGN said:
PT6131E, 3200 l/u stall, 60# injectors (because when or if you blow it up you will want to port the heads so having extra fuel is always a plus ;) ) normal fuel mods and any aftermarket intercooler along with 3" DP and full exhaust should do the trick(and then some) on a stock motor

Hey JDSfastGN, how do you like the 10.5" converter from CK? I'm asking because I'm picking up a 10.5" 3200 stall Protorque converter on Friday directly from Protorque that I bought from Chris yesterday. We determined that I'm blowing through the converter I have now and need something more efficient.

Sorry to hyjack the thread. I agree with his post and definitely go 60# injectors if you plan to change them so you only have to do it once until you are deep in the 10s.

I've got about 20K on my Protorque 3200 stall 10.5".

Works great on the street and the track. :)

salvageV6 said:
I've got about 20K on my Protorque 3200 stall 10.5".

Works great on the street and the track. :)

I appreciate the info. I have toured the Protorque facility with the owner back in 2000 because they built the converter that went into my 99 GT. It's an incredible process to watch and it's convenient since they are literally 15 minutes from my house. I can't wait to feel what the car pulls like with a more efficient converter.

I have bowl ported only stock heads and a 210/210 billet roller cam. It flows well enough to have gone 11.2 with a best mph of 126.48. My goal is tens and I'm just in the low 11's, although I have the mph to go tens. With stock ported irons and more cam you could go mid 11's on a 49 or 44 sized turbo pretty "easily." Here's a summary of my journey as I tuned the car during different times to the track over the past four years with these heads and cam:

(yeah, pretty f'n rediculous that I can't go 11.x at this point)

On the WE4 I have a 70 p-trim double ball bearing innovative turbo with the 3200 stall Protorque converter.

And on the GN I have a PTE51 with a 3000 stall 0 pump 9.5" Vigilante converter.

Both work great on the street with the lockup.

I lock them in 3rd gear at the track too. :)

I like both converters but you can tell the Protorque is a bit looser and I don't think I'd like anything higher than 3200 stall for my daily driver.

Just my .02 however. ;)

salvageV6 said:
On the WE4 I have a 70 p-trim double ball bearing innovative turbo with the 3200 stall Protorque converter.

And on the GN I have a PTE51 with a 3000 stall 0 pump 9.5" Vigilante converter.

Both work great on the street with the lockup.

I lock them in 3rd gear at the track too. :)

I like both converters but you can tell the Protorque is a bit looser and I don't think I'd like anything higher than 3200 stall for my daily driver.

Just my .02 however. ;)

I'm thinking of moving up to a BB T-70 if I can't get where I'm trying to go on pump with the PT61. I would imagine it pulls like a monster. :)

Actually both cars pull about the same at 25psi.

Now when I blow a headgasket and port the heads..... ;)

I bought the turbo in advance of the motor buildup/refresh and head work.

It was on sale. :cool:

Works just fine on the car for driveablility, boost control, etc. with no heads and cam. so I'm in no hurry to blow those stock headgaskets. :)

Besides I need it to get places. :D

You don't get that much oomph on the big turbos on a stocker until 27psi., but cost etc. availability, usefullness, all plays a part in the buying and choice of parts.

I don't plan on running the stock 160K longblock over 27psi. on pump and alky. so I'll never know if it can run the same number some folks do.

Doubtful it would at LVD in NY anyway since it sucks for traction, weather (wind), and altitude.

No biggy it's great at 25psi. with 21* timing on the street. :cool:

I have got the heads and the block so I just need the BB T-70 and a strong trans and I would have a monster on my hands. We will see what the new year brings. :wink:

With your setup I'd consider the 5 disk Vigilante.

I lose 3mph on the average unlocked with the converter, if you intend to race it unlocked.

Hope the Protorque holds up for you and the "monster".

That would be a good sign for sure and possibly save me some money in the future. :) :cool:

salvageV6 said:
With your setup I'd consider the 5 disk Vigilante.

I lose 3mph on the average unlocked with the converter, if you intend to race it unlocked.

Hope the Protorque holds up for you and the "monster".

That would be a good sign for sure and possibly save me some money in the future. :) :cool:

I considered a multi-disc, but I have read several posts about them being noisy. I definitely don't plan to live at the track with the car so I needed something more efficient than what I have around town. The best part is, if there is ever a problem or I need a restall, I can stop by there at lunch.