You can type here any text you want

aeromotive 340 stealth + 80# injectors ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LETHALV6

is there a safe way to run this single pump setup with 80# injectors and a TT chip ? or am I going to have to pony up for a dual setup soon ?
this pump looks like it flows a ton and Ive got alchy and a volt booster.

be careful withthe volt booster and alky. When the volt booster turns on it makes the alky over spray and act funny.

The only reason I ask is I see allot of folks on here recommend running twin pumps for this size injector but this pump is brand new on the market and I have spoken to a Aeromotive tech directly and he says 80's can be run with a single Stealth 340 up to 27 psi @ 85% DC.

The only reason I ask is I see allot of folks on here recommend running twin pumps for this size injector but this pump is brand new on the market and I have spoken to a Aeromotive tech directly and he says 80's can be run with a single Stealth 340 up to 27 psi @ 85% DC.

27 psi fuel is kinda low, if its 43psi at 0 add 25 psi boost that is 68psi required. I run a Weldon 1100 to feed my 80# injectors with -8 feed and -6 return lines.

Im sorry, I meant 27# of boost. The Aeromotive tech ran the formula for me and says the pump flows 413.68 lb/hr and at 85% DC the 80# only require 408 lb/hr...its cutting it close but it looks like it will work. All of this is at 43 psi base fuel, 13.5V min at the pump and the 85% DC.
I would like the car to be set to run mid 10's if I want and not have the injectors be on the ragged edge or have to use my alky to make up the difference.
I know the injectors would be bigger than i need to go, I just dont want to kill a brand new pump trying to feed them.

At 128-130 mph in the 1/4 I'm seeing 60% duty cycle on my 80's and dual alkycontrol.

I wouldnt trust those pump output numbers unless you test this yourself on your car through your fuel lines. Ive yet to see a single 340 pump supply enough fuel at 75+psi to fuel a 10.30 or faster car and that is when the voltage is above 14v. They are saying 85% DC on 80's with 13.5v. I doubt it. Maybe at 45psi but not 75psi

I have run my 80lbs injectors with a single Reds XP Pump with no issues. I am going external pump this winter.

I run my 84's with a custom TTA dual pumps ... too bad no #'s yet but it does get good fuel mileage even with a non lock up converter .... anyone know how I can get in contact with red ?

I figure if I get the 80's and the pump doesnt work as they tell me it will I can add an external pump later...I just have to believe I will end up maxing out 60's.

I figure if I get the 80's and the pump doesnt work as they tell me it will I can add an external pump later...I just have to believe I will end up maxing out 60's.
Probably not unless you are changing some parts in your combo and running a lot of boost. You cant wait to find out that one pump is not enough either unless you like melting pistons.

Probably not unless you are changing some parts in your combo and running a lot of boost. You cant wait to find out that one pump is not enough either unless you like melting pistons.

Yep. We spend tons of cash on engines and can't stomach spending cash on a fuel system. Guess you have to decide when the budget is met. External for me. Problem solved!

If the pump doesnt look like it will handle it, I can add an external to the mix correct ?

Back